MPH 2021 Canada

1 minute ago, 2021NeuroMPH said:

Just got unofficial offer from McMaster's MPH (email), so excited finally some news from Canada!!!!

I'm international, did undergrad in US (non-US citizen). Not public health major.

Congrats!!! What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don't mind sharing?

58 minutes ago, 2021NeuroMPH said:

Just got unofficial offer from McMaster's MPH (email), so excited finally some news from Canada!!!!

I'm international, did undergrad in US (non-US citizen). Not public health major.

Congratulations! Wish you all the best

29 minutes ago, Gemini Ma said:

Just got an email from McMaster's MPH. I'm on a waitlist. Have anyone know how many people placed on this?

No clue, but I'm kinda worried after hearing an earlier poster say that they were waitlisted on March 11 and then heard back in July saying that they were rejected. Plus its annoying that they mentioned in the email not to ask what position you are in on the waitlist or how many people are included on the waitlist.

7 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Congrats!!! What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don't mind sharing?

My cGPA is not competitive but the last two years look good. Two years of RA and TA in neuroscience related, but no pub no poster. Some volunteering in health field now and then... honestly my imposter syndrome is acting up and thinking they sent the wrong attachment...

9 minutes ago, BEN29 said:

No clue, but I'm kinda worried after hearing an earlier poster say that they were waitlisted on March 11 and then heard back in July saying that they were rejected. Plus its annoying that they mentioned in the email not to ask what position you are in on the waitlist or how many people are included on the waitlist.

Thanks let me know this!

5 minutes ago, 2021NeuroMPH said:

My cGPA is not competitive but the last two years look good. Two years of RA and TA in neuroscience related, but no pub no poster. Some volunteering in health field now and then... honestly my imposter syndrome is acting up and thinking they sent the wrong attachment...

No no I’m sure you’re a very deserving candidate :) How did you construct/structure your letter of intent if you don’t mind sharing?

17 minutes ago, logan1508 said:

SFU MPH vs. UofA MPH Global Health? Thoughts? 

I think it ultimately comes down to your career goals. Whether a tailored or more general program fits your ambitions best 

9 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

Omg congrats! Is that your first choice? Also, what stats and experiences did you apply with?

Yes it's my first choice :) 

Currently finishing up my undergrad degree in Biology at Queen's University. Doing a thesis in the PEAL lab exploring the diatom response to metal contamination on a lake in Canada. I have TAed 2 health studies courses this year. Last summer I was Aquatic Biomonitoring Research Assistant under my lab and the previous year Field Assistant at the Biology Station. Part of several South Asian clubs on campus. Worked as a patient assistant with senior pallive patients since grade 8. My GPA for the past two years is around 3.8. 

Edited by hkmph

Just now, elboujee said:

Does anyone know when the deadline to accept at McGill is?

Also anyone know when UofT MPH Epi offers are expected to go out? 

I'm accepted for UBC's MPH, but still waiting to hear back from UofT and McGill. 

What are your stats and experiences if you don’t mind sharing? Also, what is your top choice?

Edited by Natasha7

2 hours ago, logan1508 said:

SFU MPH vs. UofA MPH Global Health? Thoughts? 

I've been trying to answer that same question. But I haven't received any offer from UofA yet just SFU. I emailed them and they said their decision will come out in April but SFU acceptance deadline is near. It's a really tough decision.

3 hours ago, Gemini Ma said:

Just got an email from McMaster's MPH. I'm on a waitlist. Have anyone know how many people placed on this?

Same condition as you. I am also waitlisted by McMaster. International applicant here.

I got into the MSc Health Sciences program at SFU with a *lowwww* 3.0 GPA + got 19k funding (Woot!).

BUT...I got a job as an RA at UBC full time last month with a prof in Health Sciences ? Should I decline my SFU offer and work a year, or take the SFU offer, or defer???? I seriously DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOOO