MPH 2021 Canada

1 hour ago, jamie2547 said:

I also haven't seen anything change on my mosaic despite getting an unofficial letter last Wednesday!

Getting nervous as I'm seeing someone say the deadline to accept is March 29 but I'm still waiting to hear back from other programs.

I received my official offer on Friday and my deadline to accept is the 26th.  So it looks like like the deadline depends on when you get your official offer! 

3 hours ago, _kper1897 said:

Hello,

Did anyone who got an unofficial offer from McMaster receive any communication indicating the deadline to accept/reject the offer? I don’t see anything in Mosaic. My status is still pending although I received an unofficial offer, and I didn’t receive anything informing me when I need to make a recipe by.

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, 2helix said:

For anyone on the McMaster MPH wait list who is interested, the response deadline to accept/reject is March 29, 2021 (or at least it is for me)

44 minutes ago, RM-MPH said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear from McGill? My application still says "In Review" but my SFU offer expires soon so I'd like to know. I feel like they've already sent out all their acceptances. 

I'm still waiting on McGill as well. I'm pretty sure I'm rejected unless some miracle happens. But congrats on SFU! 

45 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

What stats and experiences did you apply to western with?

Bsc biochemistry 88%. 

Done some volunteering work in a couple of NGO’s on public health related issues. Also I have 2+ years work experience in OSH. Hope this helps.

Edited by Nieal
Typo

3 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

I haven’t heard back yet ? what did the attachment say?

It said that my application was rated highly and they are now recommending to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) that they extend an official offer to me. 

30 minutes ago, oxla said:

congrats! was it to your western email or your personal email? or an update on the portal?

Thank you. I got it on my personal email but the student center has not been updated as at the last time I checked it. Also I got a mail today from the SGPS that it will be updated within 24 hours. 

56 minutes ago, Confusedfrog said:

I received my official offer on Friday and my deadline to accept is the 26th. Someone else said theirs is the 29th so it looks like the deadline depends on when you receive the official offer. 

Thanks for sharing - def sounds like they are giving different deadlines :)

Hey! I'm an international student and I applied to Western for the MPH program, I got an offer letter on Thursday. 

However I am very confused about certain things. My background specifically as I have done by undergraduate from bachelor's in technology - Computer Science .

Since I don't have a health background I'm afraid of the job prospect and I want someone to give me an honest opinion of the MPH program at Western in general. I'm interested in policy making or quality analysis, healthcare data analysis probably but MPH at western could align differently and I see that most people applying have a healthcare background. Anyone who is open for a conversation please let me know, it'd be really nice :)

1 minute ago, Aansa.arshad said:

Hey! I'm an international student and I applied to Western for the MPH program, I got an offer letter on Thursday. 

However I am very confused about certain things. My background specifically as I have done by undergraduate from bachelor's in technology - Computer Science .

Since I don't have a health background I'm afraid of the job prospect and I want someone to give me an honest opinion of the MPH program at Western in general. I'm interested in policy making or quality analysis, healthcare data analysis probably but MPH at western could align differently and I see that most people applying have a healthcare background. Anyone who is open for a conversation please let me know, it'd be really nice :)

What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don’t mind sharing?

Just now, Aansa.arshad said:

My undergrad gpa here was 8.2 which is like a 3.7 equivalent according to India. I've interned as a healthcare data analyst at a hospital and as a data analyst at a security firm. Other than that I've worked on like two Machine Learning projects on Cancer detection and got a research paper published.. I guess that's what got their attention I'm not sure .. because I was shocked to get the offer letter tbh

And the letter said my profile stood out, but I'm not sure about taking the offer unless I've weighed the pros and cons, and I need someone to give me a genuine advice because I'm really confused but I also don't want to miss out on a very good opportunity 

6 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don’t mind sharing?

Has anyone heard back from UofA Environmental/Occupational Health stream? Or Queens University or Memorial? Have they emailed anyone with a general timeline of when we're supposed to hear?

Edited by Viggo

56 minutes ago, Viggo said:

Has anyone heard back from UofA Environmental/Occupational Health stream? Or Queens University or Memorial? Have they emailed anyone with a general timeline of when we're supposed to hear?

I emailed MUN and they were super vague and said ‘Decisions on applications are normally made 2-3 months after a deadline has passed. Our office will inform you by email once a formal decision has been made on your application. Thanks for your patience.’

so... I guess April 15th?

2 hours ago, Viggo said:

I was notified that Queens would send out their decisions during the first week of April.