MPH 2021 Canada

16 hours ago, HashbrownNav said:

Nothing special tbh. Final 2 years average is +85%. First 2 years were atrocious. 
Retook my stats course (first time I got a C, second time I got an A). 
Working at a clinic on and off for a couple of years. 
Volunteer at a hospital in first year. 
Research with two professors but neither has been published yet. 
A Habitat for Humanity trip to Alabama.
I am currently working on a thesis.

I think what really helped me was my letter of intent. 

Hey, you have amazing stats. Would it be possible for you to share your loi?

honestly I have lost hope to get in this year since I can’t compete with all the amazing applicants. 

Thinking of some other masters program in canada. I’m a international dental graduate. Can anyone suggest me other non clinical options in my case. 

11 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

anyone hear from UofT Epi today?

Hi, I've received the acceptance from U of T Epi around 1:00 pm yesterday. Good luck to everyone who has not heard from the school. I have until April 9 to send in my confirmation form.

47 minutes ago, Epi2021 said:

Hi, I've received the acceptance from U of T Epi around 1:00 pm yesterday. Good luck to everyone who has not heard from the school. I have until April 9 to send in my confirmation form.

Congratulations! Are u domestic or international student? 

For people who have been accepted to McMaster MPH, how long did it take for you to get your official offer after the unofficial one? I got my unofficial offer yesterday (yay!) and am wondering when I can expect to get the official one.

Also it seems like they're giving about a week from the official offer to make a decision? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

2 hours ago, Elise4 said:

For people who have been accepted to McMaster MPH, how long did it take for you to get your official offer after the unofficial one? I got my unofficial offer yesterday (yay!) and am wondering when I can expect to get the official one.

Also it seems like they're giving about a week from the official offer to make a decision? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Congrats! For me it was about a week from unofficial to official offer, then exactly one week to accept or reject the official offer:)

2 hours ago, Aiza said:

Hey,

did uottawa send any offers for mph program?

I haven't heard anything from ottawa yet. I believe, the MSc program in Epi had an earlier deadline which is why they are getting offers right now. MPH applicants will probably still have to wait a few more weeks. 

6 hours ago, cheesecakelover said:

I haven't heard anything from ottawa yet. I believe, the MSc program in Epi had an earlier deadline which is why they are getting offers right now. MPH applicants will probably still have to wait a few more weeks. 

Thank you for replying. Yes probably this might be the case

7 hours ago, Mphh21 said:

Anyone know strengths and weaknesses between the following programs:

Guelph MPH

Queen’s MPH

U of T MPH - Epi 

think it would be helpful for many people to start formulating a list

Did you get accepted into all 3? 

For those who are particularly interested in the MPH - Epi stream, in your opinion, do you think chances of finding a career within the field of epidemiology is higher when you complete a program that specifically specializes in that field like UofT (MPH - Epidemiology) for instance or would the MPH programs at Guelph or McMaster give you equal an equal chance as well, since they give you the opportunity to take a good amount of courses in Epi as well.  

13 hours ago, Excel725 said:

What are your stats and experiences? 

I'm graduating this upcoming June so I'm a new grad. BSc in neuroscience with a GPA of around 3.3-3.5 (low uggh) in last two years. I've been volunteering at a local hospital within several departments for about 6 years now (work isn't directly related to public health unfortunately). I started volunteering/working at the covid clinics since December but wasn't able to include this in my CV cause I had already handed in a few of my applications. Have also volunteered at an organization that works with children who have learning disabilities, and volunteered at my uni's med science lab where I worked with lab animals. In terms of work experience, I've just done an internship with a federal agency for 8 months as a lab tech. I have taken 3 stats courses with 90+ in all, so I'm really hoping this will serve as an advantage for my UofT and UofOttawa applications.