GRE Scores

What are good GRE scores to aim for? The schools I am looking at applying to have varying average GRE scores according to ASHA EdFind, so should I aim to get at least the average of my top school? I am worried my scores will be too low and impact my chances of getting in, though I have a high GPA.

Edited by slpcommdis

3 hours ago, slpcommdis said:

What are good GRE scores to aim for? The schools I am looking at applying to have varying average GRE scores according to ASHA EdFind, so should I aim to get at least the average of my top school? I am worried my scores will be too low and impact my chances of getting in, though I have a high GPA.

I think shooting for at least the mid range of your target schools is a good goal. With your high GPA that should make you competitive. Good luck!

Agreed that you wanna average 300 to bother eating the cost of applying. Below 300 is a marker for schools to stop looking at your application if you're equal to another candidate with a higher GRE. It's possible with lower!! But if you wanna be safe - aim above that :)

• 2 weeks later...

I aimed for average, took it twice, and fell short.  Even with below average scores I got into half the schools I applied to with a good GPA! I would say try your best but if you don't get average dont give up!