(Canada 2021) MPP/MPA Applications

BTF

On 4/27/2021 at 6:48 AM, irisisiris said:

Anyone here waiting on SFU's mpp program? I submitted my application in December and still no news yet?. I have written two emails to the program by far (everytime I got a new offer from other programs). I know I'm probably on a waitlist and there's nothing I can do now but wait. But It really sucks cuz I'm international student and need extra time for applying for study premit. I'm anxious cuz I need to give myself a deadline for starting to apply for visa, and I don't know what that time is...

I just heard back from them today if that helps. I hope you get in!

On 5/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, ddtg said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from SFU…. Crossing my fingers as they are my top choice.

1 minute ago, bwnt said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from SFU…. Crossing my fingers as they are my top choice.

I just declined my acceptance cuz its too far so I hopefully you get it :).

8 hours ago, heathers__3 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! 

Do you mind sharing your stats and ecs?

Thank you!

My marks were honestly not ideal but the rest of my application made up for it. CGPA: 2.7  L2: 3.4, two years RAship, bunch of extracurriculars and paid jobs on campus and the legislature. My letter of recommendations were strong as well. I did graduate in 2017 though - got in the OPS right away and have been in two different roles so far. 

I was accepted into Waterloo's MPS and oddly rejected by Ryerson lol. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer!

On 5/6/2021 at 11:39 PM, ZabiQs said:

Thank you!

My marks were honestly not ideal but the rest of my application made up for it. CGPA: 2.7  L2: 3.4, two years RAship, bunch of extracurriculars and paid jobs on campus and the legislature. My letter of recommendations were strong as well. I did graduate in 2017 though - got in the OPS right away and have been in two different roles so far. 

I was accepted into Waterloo's MPS and oddly rejected by Ryerson lol. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer!

Can I ask if you don't mind, did you happen to have a professional letter of recommendation since you have relevant experience anyways, or were they all academic? I'm hoping to apply to this program soon as well! 

Edited by lattesandlearning

7 minutes ago, lattesandlearning said:

Can I ask if you don't mind, did you happen to have a professional letter of recommendation since you have relevant experience anyways, or were they all academic? I'm hoping to apply to this program soon as well! 

Not at all! Feel free to ask anything.

For Queen's both were academic letters. I had a good relationship with both where I worked for one as an RA and the other also witnessed my academic growth for the last 3 years of my undergrad. I believe at Queen's it is a requirement that your letters are from professors that know you.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:41 AM, ddtg said:

Thank you! Unfortunately I was rejected. I sent an email to the program director explaining my situation and received a rejection email from the program next day. They also apologized for not replying to my previous emails. I wished they had sent the rejection earlier. I received my second-option offer back in end of March and waited for one and half month for SFU. I have missed the early bird deadline of May 15 for submitting student permit application. So I would probably not be able to get my visa before school starts. 

On 4/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, ThisGirl said:

I just got my rejection this morning ☹️

It just says “not competitive to the other applicants” so I’ve emailed to ask for more feedback. I have a pretty solid GPA, good work experience, had stellar letters of recommendation. So either there’s something missing in my work experience or I just didn’t sell myself hard enough in my letter. Which, boo. 

Now to decide if I will wait and try again next year or shift to another online MPA like UofSask or Dalhousie. 

Did you receive any feedback from UVIC? I am still waiting two months later..

On 4/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, canadian02 said:

Thanks for your response! Good luck to us and others who are still waiting to hear from McGill! 

People still holding out for the Max Bell school, how we doing? Anyone heard back from McGill in the last month, rejection/acceptance or otherwise?

4 hours ago, Matcha-Tea said:

Did you receive any feedback from UVIC? I am still waiting two months later..

Nope. I was actually just thinking I should maybe email again? Which email address did you send to? I think I did paadmin but wondering if I should do padirect?

2 hours ago, ThisGirl said:

Nope. I was actually just thinking I should maybe email again? Which email address did you send to? I think I did paadmin but wondering if I should do padirect?

I emailed paservice@uvic.ca and garo@uvic.ca and nothing. I would think they’d respond by now since most people have accepted and paid their deposits so they’d have a bit of extra capacity but I guess not. 

10 hours ago, lesliserables said:

People still holding out for the Max Bell school, how we doing? Anyone heard back from McGill in the last month, rejection/acceptance or otherwise?

Just got my rejection last Thursday afternoon. Going to try applying again next cycle :)

If you didn't hear back yet they are probably still considering your application. Good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...