CURRENT UBC-O STUDENTS

clinical_psyc_hopeful

Just now, justacigar said:

Just FYI, it might be hard to connect with current graduate students from a specific university on here. Are current graduate students listed on the website anywhere? That's how I've found contact information for grad students. 

did you email them to connect?

12 hours ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

did you email them to connect?

Yep! And I got very positive responses from almost all of them. I think only one failed to email me back. They are usually happy to answer any questions about the program or the mentor you might be interested in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, justacigar said:

Yep! And I got very positive responses from almost all of them. I think only one failed to email me back. They are usually happy to answer any questions about the program or the mentor you might be interested in.

what are some questions you asked prior to applying?

27 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

what are some questions you asked prior to applying?

I usually asked questions that might be inappropriate to ask a potential mentor, or that would be better answered from a student. This includes questions about lab culture, grad student duties on current projects, program environment, and questions about the PI's mentoring style. Sometimes I also ask about practicum experiences if I'm unsure what is available. It is super helpful to get their feedback!