2021 Business PhD Applicants

ErcW

On 1/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, IWannaBeAPhD said:

Hi all! CB Marketing applicant here. Does anyone know why the OB interviews seem to be coming out so much sooner than other tracks from the same school?

Also CB Marketing here! Where did you apply?

Hopefully we'll start hearing back about some interviews this week- I'm so nervous!!!

2 hours ago, ErcW said:

Also CB Marketing here! Where did you apply?

Hopefully we'll start hearing back about some interviews this week- I'm so nervous!!!

I applied to 17 schools all over the country! Couple of Ivies, some UCs, couple of schools in Chicago. What about you? Edited: Sorry I just saw your first post. I applied to most of those schools too, not Cornell though.

Edited by IWannaBeAPhD
update

1 hour ago, IWannaBeAPhD said:

I applied to 17 schools all over the country! Couple of Ivies, some UCs, couple of schools in Chicago. What about you? Edited: Sorry I just saw your first post. I applied to most of those schools too, not Cornell though.

Nice! I ended up apply to 15 (13 in US and 2 in canada), but it sounds like we have a lot of overlaps- maybe we'll even end up at the same program! I've heard that most cohorts only take up to 2-3 CB students though. 

I think this year is especially challenging to gauge whether we'll be strong candidates since it seems like a ton of people are applying :(

4 minutes ago, ErcW said:

Nice! I ended up apply to 15 (13 in US and 2 in canada), but it sounds like we have a lot of overlaps- maybe we'll even end up at the same program! I've heard that most cohorts only take up to 2-3 CB students though. 

I think this year is especially challenging to gauge whether we'll be strong candidates since it seems like a ton of people are applying :(

I hope we both have choices! I did Rotman but not UBC, though I wish I had! Just anxious to hear something!

Hi everyone! I'm a marketing (CB) applicant and I applied to 11 programs. Have been watching results for a few days so figured I'd contribute here! I've only heard back from one school so far (interviewed with Berkeley this weekend). @IWannaBeAPhD, I applied to HBS marketing and also haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if they're not taking students this year, but interested to see what happens! Good luck everyone!

8 minutes ago, 2021CBapplicant said:

Hi everyone! I'm a marketing (CB) applicant and I applied to 11 programs. Have been watching results for a few days so figured I'd contribute here! I've only heard back from one school so far (interviewed with Berkeley this weekend). @IWannaBeAPhD, I applied to HBS marketing and also haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if they're not taking students this year, but interested to see what happens! Good luck everyone!

I will be frustrated that HBS let us pay to apply if they knew that they weren't taking students, but I guess anything goes this year. @2021CBapplicant do you know how many of us Cal interviewed?

1 minute ago, IWannaBeAPhD said:

I will be frustrated that HBS let us pay to apply if they knew that they weren't taking students, but I guess anything goes this year. @2021CBapplicant do you know how many of us Cal interviewed?

Nope, i have no idea other than that they called it their "short list." And re: HBS, you're right that this year could just be weird. I only wonder about not taking students because in years past I think marketing applicants would have already had their initial screening interview with the doctoral office by now. How did your Berkeley interview go?

58 minutes ago, IWannaBeAPhD said:

Congrats on Harvard! Do you know if they have sent out Marketing invites yet?

I don’t know for sure but I do know that they sent out business econ interview invites on the same day so my guess is they do all programs very close together. I went to a harvard info session and they said the only program not accepting is Management. So they either sent out invites or they will soon! 

Anyone heard back from Berkeley OB? I applied to the macro-OB program, and haven't heard back yet. I have an interview scheduled with HBS and University of Wisconsin Madison next week. :) Berkeley is one of my top choices though, so it will be a bummer if I don't hear back! Also, any news on Stanford OB? 

Edited by Business_PHD21

51 minutes ago, Business_PHD21 said:

Anyone heard back from Berkeley OB? I applied to the macro-OB program, and haven't heard back yet. I have an interview scheduled with HBS and University of Wisconsin Madison next week. :) Berkeley is one of my top choices though, so it will be a bummer if I don't hear back! Also, any news on Stanford OB? 

Congrats! Which department are you interviewing with for HBS? 

1 minute ago, SaeyunKim said:

Yeah I did! Haven't had mine yet, what about you guys? 

Me too! I received it from strategy and entrepreneurship department. I have it on Thursday