2021 Business PhD Applicants

ErcW

1 minute ago, PhD21 said:

For the highest ranked OB programs listed on the results page, does anyone have a sense of how many students are invited for interviews vs accepted each year?

I think every program is slightly different. From what some of my faculty mentors have told me, I think approximately ~30-50% of candidates interviewed will be admitted. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, SaeyunKim said:

Hey guys, anybody hear back from UNC, Wharton, INSEAD, MIT, or Northwestern? Applying for Management/Strategy 

I heard back from Northwestern last week for prelim/informal interviews 

39 minutes ago, PhD21 said:

I applied to 10 programs and have heard back about 4 interviews + 1 acceptance. One of my faculty mentors told me interviews at HBS, Wharton, and other top programs are basically a formality, but I find this hard to believe!

Amazing, congrats on such strong activity!

20 hours ago, potentialOB said:

Alrighty y'allllll... I applied to 15 programs total and have heard back from 3. How are you all doing???

I applied to 21 schools - interviews at 7 and acceptance from 1. I don't think all schools have interviews so perhaps we will only have final results from those schools!

Updates from my week:

Yale SOM Marketing: Asked for an article review last week, I sent that off and was told profs will review over this coming weekend.

Columbia Marketing: Received interview invite this afternoon (scheduled for next week)!  They also want me to look over a prof's current manuscript, for discussion during interview.

NYU Stern Marketing: Received interview invite yesterday afternoon (scheduled for next week).

Penn / Wharton OID (Decision sciences track): Interviewed in early Jan, received emailed Monday that I would not be advancing in their process.  Super nice rejection email, tho!

Any news on Harvard (micro OB), Stanford (micro OB), or U-Chicago Booth (decision sciences)?  I'm guessing no from Harvard based on a couple interview notifications in the results page, and looks like we're still waiting on GSB/Booth (seems like people last cycle didn't hear until Feb).

38 minutes ago, GREBlaster9000 said:

Updates from my week:

Yale SOM Marketing: Asked for an article review last week, I sent that off and was told profs will review over this coming weekend.

Columbia Marketing: Received interview invite this afternoon (scheduled for next week)!  They also want me to look over a prof's current manuscript, for discussion during interview.

NYU Stern Marketing: Received interview invite yesterday afternoon (scheduled for next week).

Penn / Wharton OID (Decision sciences track): Interviewed in early Jan, received emailed Monday that I would not be advancing in their process.  Super nice rejection email, tho!

Any news on Harvard (micro OB), Stanford (micro OB), or U-Chicago Booth (decision sciences)?  I'm guessing no from Harvard based on a couple interview notifications in the results page, and looks like we're still waiting on GSB/Booth (seems like people last cycle didn't hear until Feb).

Congrats! Did you apply to CB marketing at NYU?

1 hour ago, GREBlaster9000 said:

Updates from my week:

Congratulations on your interviews and best of luck this application cycle! I'll also share an update for others tracking program notifications. I applied to OB (micro) programs with the exception of Wharton:

Accepted to a program listed on the acceptance page last week. 

Kellogg: Interviewed this week. Will likely hear back next week.

Stern: Received interview invite this week.

Wharton OID: Interviewed in early January. Will likely hear back by mid-February.

HBS: First interview in early January. Second interview with faculty this week.

I'm waiting to hear from Yale SOM, Fuqua, Stanford GSB and CBS. I think you're right that these interview notifications should all be in by early February.

2 hours ago, PhD21 said:

Congratulations on your interviews and best of luck this application cycle! I'll also share an update for others tracking program notifications. I applied to OB (micro) programs with the exception of Wharton:

Accepted to a program listed on the acceptance page last week. 

Kellogg: Interviewed this week. Will likely hear back next week.

Stern: Received interview invite this week.

Wharton OID: Interviewed in early January. Will likely hear back by mid-February.

HBS: First interview in early January. Second interview with faculty this week.

I'm waiting to hear from Yale SOM, Fuqua, Stanford GSB and CBS. I think you're right that these interview notifications should all be in by early February.

Congrats on all the interviews!

What was Wharton interview like?