Is anyone STILL waiting?

Kateeee

I applied to Fordham's Elections and Campaign Management Program. My application was submitted by their January deadline, but was not complete because I was still waiting for one recommendation to be completed. So, I was lumped in with the April 6th deadline (do you think this will hurt me?). Fordham is the only grad school I applied to, so I really want to know the verdict so I could start my planning (I'm graduating in a couple of weeks!)

I called after my application was submitted and was first told that it was rolling admissions, then I was told mid April, then late April, then first week to second week of May. The waiting game is killing me.

I went to SUNY New Paltz for undergrad and am graduating with a 3.6. I read one recommendation and it was pretty solid. I had a good amount of extra-curricula activities and am confident about my writing sample/ statement of intent and thankfully, the GRE was not required. I think my chances may be ok? But, I'm not sure.

It just seems so late to get back to me with a decision! Anyone else in the same boat?

I applied to Fordham's Elections and Campaign Management Program. My application was submitted by their January deadline, but was not complete because I was still waiting for one recommendation to be completed. So, I was lumped in with the April 6th deadline (do you think this will hurt me?). Fordham is the only grad school I applied to, so I really want to know the verdict so I could start my planning (I'm graduating in a couple of weeks!)

I called after my application was submitted and was first told that it was rolling admissions, then I was told mid April, then late April, then first week to second week of May. The waiting game is killing me.

I went to SUNY New Paltz for undergrad and am graduating with a 3.6. I read one recommendation and it was pretty solid. I had a good amount of extra-curricula activities and am confident about my writing sample/ statement of intent and thankfully, the GRE was not required. I think my chances may be ok? But, I'm not sure.

It just seems so late to get back to me with a decision! Anyone else in the same boat?

I am also in the same boat with another university who also has a rolling admission policy. Applied for admission consideration for Spring session, due to too many applications, the decision for my application was deferred for summer session.

I am now also expecting an decision sometime this month for admission for the summer session that starts on July 5th. I agree that the waiting game is a killer.

Wish you the best of luck.

Kateeee,

I'm also waiting to hear from Fordham about an April 6th deadline, on the VIP login page it shows what has been recieved by the school but nothing else. I've scoured the internet for possible dates but it seems all of the tentative replys relate to January deadlines.....so I am in the same boat and the waiting is driving me absolutely insane.....Post when you find out!! Good Luck!

Yes! The last program I am waiting to hear back from is @ Hunter College and at first their deadline was April 1st, then it was April 15th, so I hope to hear by June, but the waiting is KILLING me (mostly because I want to apply for a couple outside fellowships that seems silly unless I know for sure I got in).

I am in the same boat. I applied to Arizona State University in late February. The only thing were the letters of recommendation, which finally arrived to them on April 9th. I'm waiting for a response from them. So far, my application status is "Under review" by the department. (It left the admissions office and went to the department.)

1) I visited the campus and the faculty members last month.

2) I have two master degrees with 4.0 GPA and 3.99 GPA respectively.

3) My quantitative math score was high. My verbal wasn't.

4) My undergrad GPA is not so hot.

I just want an answer!!! Another school accepted me and since ASU is my first choice, I want to wait until they get back to me before I do anything, but the deadline is drawing near to give the 2nd school a response. What do I do???

This is killing me softly :unsure:

Yes! The last program I am waiting to hear back from is @ Hunter College and at first their deadline was April 1st, then it was April 15th, so I hope to hear by June, but the waiting is KILLING me (mostly because I want to apply for a couple outside fellowships that seems silly unless I know for sure I got in).

I just got my decision letter from Hunter today. Accepted. Whoop whoop! lol Good Luck!! It should be coming soon if you haven't heard yet! Still waiting on Fordham though.....wish they would hurry.

I just got my decision letter from Hunter today. Accepted. Whoop whoop! lol Good Luck!! It should be coming soon if you haven't heard yet! Still waiting on Fordham though.....wish they would hurry.

Mind if I ask what your field is? Was your deadline one of the ones they extended? Congrats!!!

Still waiting on McGill U! Literally, no rejection, no acceptance, no wait list... after a couple of emails was finally told this past Thursday that "Sorry no decision has been made yet, promise that we will let you know though as soon as the committee has made one" . Whoa baby!

Mind if I ask what your field is? Was your deadline one of the ones they extended? Congrats!!!

The English Lit program for British and American Literature. I'm not sure if they pushed back the deadline because I found out rather quickly I think. Hoping for the best for you! Have you found out yet? I'm still waiting on Fordham....one more week. AHH! Its driving me crazy but at least I know I have a definate course of action!

I called Fordham on Monday and they said that I will hear within the next two weeks...it's Friday now and still nothing, so one week to go!

I heard today at 4:30 from Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration, so hopefully everyone else will hear soon as well! (Accepted!) Still waiting on the GSAS.

Just found out today from a professor.. I got into ASU :) Official letter to arrive within a few days.

Congrats, that is really awesome news, best wishes.

Edited by nycrican2

Congrats on your admission. Wish you the best.

I heard today at 4:30 from Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration, so hopefully everyone else will hear soon as well! (Accepted!) Still waiting on the GSAS.

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm stiiiilllll waiting....Only 6 people got accepted last year for the medieval studies program so I wish I knew what the hold up is...I check my e-mail about 20 times a day....yuck!

Just found out today from a professor.. I got into ASU smile.gif Official letter to arrive within a few days.

Con! I kinda have the same situation with you. I am waiting for Rutgers. Another school which is ASU ask me to response asap.

I really wanna go Rutgers and my girlfriend goes there to.

Application deadline for Rutgers is May 1st.

I also visited Rutgers last month. The director said they enjoyed my visit very much but still work on funding.

Can't sleep well and check the status every minut....

This really drive me crazy

Cross my finger~

I know this is not what you asked, but ... do you mind if I ask what area of campaigns you're interested in, and why you applied to this program? I ask because I work in politics (as you can probably guess from my username) and from what I have seen, these programs are completely unnecessary for working in politics and are usually a waste of time and money if you don't already have significant experience. In fact, the debt load you'd likely pick up in such a program would probably make it difficult to take the kind of low-paying entry level jobs that are really necessary for a career in politics.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but rather to be encouraging - you don't need to go to this school to work in politics! Not at all! In fact, this is an election year, so it should be really easy to get the kind of experience that, at this point, is probably more valuable than a masters. And get paid for it to boot.

Anyway, if you have any questions at all about starting a career in politics, please do not hesitate to send me a private message and I'll tell you what I know. :)

UNC Chapel hill's been keeping me waiting for ages now, they have rolling admissions and i guess i just missed the last bus by a whisker and the next one's taking forever for them to send. I hope my backup bus doesn't get full.

:(

come on UNC you can do it!