Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

7 hours ago, Tata96 said:

Huge congrats to the people who got in! 

Anyone got rejected by a PhD program and was referred to a Master's got a result yet? I applied to the LSTD phd but didn't get in, and my application was transferred to LDT. I saw people have received their results on Feb 27th & 28th, and I still got nothing. I'm so nervous.... Should I send an email?

I think sending a polite mail wont hurt you. Im not sure if the LDT results went out yet - maybe check on the main paige? If they went out already definitely e-mail ?

10 hours ago, Adei said:

I think sending a polite mail wont hurt you. Im not sure if the LDT results went out yet - maybe check on the main paige? If they went out already definitely e-mail ?

Thanks for the reply! Which main page to you refer to? Does GSE post their admitted students somewhere on the website?

10 hours ago, Tata96 said:

Thanks for the reply! Which main page to you refer to? Does GSE post their admitted students somewhere on the website?

No, I have meant the main page of the GradCafe(we r in the forum subpage right now) - checked it for you(pic below). Seems like the results went out already, so I would suggest e-mailing them? 

7AC827EE-3F37-4312-AA0F-1C17979CE6A9.png

10 hours ago, beckyslamp said:

Hey all -- long time lurker, first time poster. Do we know anything yet about how admission numbers to PhD programs at GSE were affected this year? Did Stanford take in less people this year?

During one of their webinars last year, an admission representative said they weren't sure how the numbers would work for the admission cycle, since some students deferred their academic year due to covid. This is for masters, though. I wouldn't know if it applies to PhD students as well.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, Adei said:

Hi fellow alternatives, so how is the admissions cycle going for you? 

Well, just have to wait till April 15 or thereabout. Haven't heard from the admissions committee since the last email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey fellow alternates - so in my impatience I e-mailed admissions. Just a note - its unlikely that we will here prior to the 15th as the committee should meet up once they know how many spots they need to fill and actually sending any new info. Good luck guys! Hope to see you next year ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/13/2021 at 2:19 AM, iamsoscared96 said:

I got in!!!! thank you for all of your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Congratulations!!! How's your first year at Stanford? Do you know if some of those who got in without an interview in your cohort are all with their suggested advisors?

So my suggested advisor interviewed someone already... ??? I still want to hope... huhuhu!