LAKEHEAD HBSW 2021

JMarble

Hi has anyone applied for OSAP yet? I am in the process and I am experiancing some difficulties

1. Is our program considered co-op? (thunderbay)

2. What did you put for the dates, the program runs from July 2021 and June 2022 but it appears to give me error?

Anyone else experiences this issue. Also complete side note but where can I find the tuition for this program I can't locate it now anywhere.

4 hours ago, Lina.a said:

Hi has anyone applied for OSAP yet? I am in the process and I am experiancing some difficulties

1. Is our program considered co-op? (thunderbay)

2. What did you put for the dates, the program runs from July 2021 and June 2022 but it appears to give me error?

Anyone else experiences this issue. Also complete side note but where can I find the tuition for this program I can't locate it now anywhere.

Hi Lina (everyone else)!

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I've also been admitted to the Thunder Bay program. If you find an FB group for us T. Bay'ers, please let me know, but if not I'm happy to make one :) 

I applied for OSAP on Monday, and choose this program from the available list:

LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY - Honours Bachelor of Social Work (1 Year Program)
Jun 29/21 - Apr 15/22

Keep in mind I've never applied to OSAP before, so I might not have picked the ideal selection. I didn't choose the co-op program, and most of the other options seem to be for Orillia. Hopefully someone else can weigh in with some tips if I'm off-base here!

On 5/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, SocialWork123 said:

Mine looks the exact same! I wonder if it's because the system isn't used to courses only being 2 weeks long, so it thinks they're all happening concurrently? I also tried out that "proof of enrolment" form to test whether it's registering that I signed up for all 4 courses, and it's considering me a part time student despite signing up for all 4...

image.png.d5ec39d53cb0e681e4f46aa9a841babb.png

I really want Madge to email us lol I want answers for all of this!!!

Hey! Just wanted to post an update regarding this as Student Central finally got back to me. They said, "Typically during our Spring/Summer terms, students will reflect as part-time in our system as they would pay part-time fees during this time period. However, for academic purposes, for students who are registered in 2 FCEs or more are considered full-time. I understand that the Enrolment Verification Letter through the myInfo portal may reflect "part-time" so if you need proof of full-time status, please let us know and we can provide you with an Enrolment Verification Letter that reflects your full-time status." 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, ktr said:

Hi, 

Thinking about applying to this program for next year.. Just curious though, did anyone start this program and then get accepted into a MSW program? What did you do? 

I have created a group for 2022 Lakehead HBSW if you are interested :)

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, ktr said:
On 9/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, RBMSW said:

I have created a group for 2022 Lakehead HBSW if you are interested :)

Oh, thanks so much for sharing! 

Hi!! I've recently started the application process for the program. Would it also be possible to join the group!! 

• 2 weeks later...