Quebec FRQNT FRQSC 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

Bonjour à tous, 

J'aimerais savoir s'il y a quelqu'un ici qui a postulé aux bourses provinciales comme celle du FRQNT? 

Allo, Is there anyone who applied for FRQNT bourses (or the like) this year? 

I just received official email from them today that my dossier will be passed onto the committee for evaluation.

I have applied for NSERC PGS and FRQNT. Im not sure if FRQNT bourses go through the same process as that of NSERC. 

Edited by MarleyBarley
accord

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, MarleyBarley said:

yeah fingers crossed for us!!! are u applying at the phd or masters level? :)

I am actually a bachelors student. I applied for the V3, short term research/professional development. I applied last year and was ranked 4th. Did you apply last year?

21 hours ago, alphadawg said:

I am actually a bachelors student. I applied for the V3, short term research/professional development. I applied last year and was ranked 4th. Did you apply last year?

Im a PhD student and its my first time applying ^_^:D good luck!!! 3+ moreweeks and we will know~~

Waiting here, too. ?This was my final chance to apply for the FRQSC postdoc. I...think I have a pretty good chance given my research experience and plan. (My first time applying, I was in the middle of my committee rankings, but didn’t yet have any publications out from my dissertation research.) 

But I’m also teaching a class in May, and all of the uncertainty is not helping me prep for anything! Fingers crossed, all! 

2 hours ago, musichistorygeek said:

Waiting here, too. ?This was my final chance to apply for the FRQSC postdoc. I...think I have a pretty good chance given my research experience and plan. (My first time applying, I was in the middle of my committee rankings, but didn’t yet have any publications out from my dissertation research.) 

But I’m also teaching a class in May, and all of the uncertainty is not helping me prep for anything! Fingers crossed, all! 

good luck! have u obtained FRQSC at the doctoral level? was it competitive as, say the NSERC/CIHR/SSHRC? >.< 

29 minutes ago, MarleyBarley said:

good luck! have u obtained FRQSC at the doctoral level? was it competitive as, say the NSERC/CIHR/SSHRC? >.< 

Thanks! You, too! I did receive the doctoral scholarship, but I’m not sure how it compares to the federal competitions. I’m not a citizen, and applied unsuccessfully for the PBEEE for multiple years before they changed the eligibility rules for the regular Québec doctoral awards. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MarleyBarley said:

Does anyone know how are results usually given out nextweek? by email notification or change of status in the frqnt portal?

In my past applications (both successful and unsuccessful) for the FRQSC, I’ve always gotten an email on April 30 telling me to check the portal. The email doesn’t say anything else one way or the other. When you log into the portal and click on “my forms” after the results are posted, the box labeled “documents attached by the organization” becomes clickable and you can then download a document with your results and the success rate for your committee. 

On 4/25/2021 at 3:05 AM, musichistorygeek said:

In my past applications (both successful and unsuccessful) for the FRQSC, I’ve always gotten an email on April 30 telling me to check the portal. The email doesn’t say anything else one way or the other. When you log into the portal and click on “my forms” after the results are posted, the box labeled “documents attached by the organization” becomes clickable and you can then download a document with your results and the success rate for your committee. 

Yeah, this is right!

I got the exact email last year and downloaded the document from my portal. Friday is almost here, where!!

2 hours ago, alxnl said:

Hey guys, I ranked 4th in my committee with a score of 88.5% and there were 5 grants available. I was rejected. Does anyone have an explanation for this?? 

There is no rational explanation, you should send an email to the FRQSC. Really.