Prospective MSW Fall 2021

abetterworld

Hi all! I am joining in on this thread. I am graduating from undergrad with my Bsc. degree next month and applying to the following schools for Fall 2021:

NYU, Hunter, Columbia, Fordham, UPenn and UMich

I hope we can all get to know each other and help each other through this process :)

Edited by abetterworld

• abetterworld changed the title to Prospective MSW Fall 2021

Hey -- I considered UPenn and NYU as well, but landed on applying to Hunter, Columbia and BU. When do you plan on submitting your applications?

I'm trying to submit all mine at the same time in hopes that I hear back around the same time. What are you most excited about for those different schools?

I am applying as well! I will be applying to Stony Brook, Columbia U, Boston U, NYU, Fordham U, and Boston college! I will be graduating in May and I'm most excited about Boston U!

On 11/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, abetterworld said:

Hi all! I am joining in on this thread. I am graduating from undergrad with my Bsc. degree next month and applying to the following schools for Fall 2021:

NYU, Hunter, Columbia, Fordham, UPenn and UMich

I hope we can all get to know each other and help each other through this process :)

Hi! I'm also applying to NYU, Hunter, Columbia, and Fordham, as well as Virginia Commonwealth University, where I'm working on my BSW now! I'm applying to advanced standing online tracks for all of them, since I'm not sure where we'll be in terms of the pandemic... I wish you luck in your applications!! 

Hi all! I graduated in 2019 and have been working with an education non-profit. I'm applying for Fall 2021 and just submitted by Boston College app last night. I'm also going to apply to BU and potentially UWashington in Seattle. 

Does anyone know when you tend to find out answers for December 1 deadlines?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, nmoyers97 said:

Have people heard otherwise? Waiting for Columbia... Agh

I am still waiting as well! The wait is so hard! From the other posts, it seems like people who applied back in November have heard back, but not the ones who applied on December 1st. When did you apply to Columbia? 

1 hour ago, MSWCY said:

I am still waiting as well! The wait is so hard! From the other posts, it seems like people who applied back in November have heard back, but not the ones who applied on December 1st. When did you apply to Columbia? 

Applied Dec. 1! I'm assuming you did as well? So nervous!

1 minute ago, MSWCY said:

Yes, super nervous! I sent in my application Nov 30th but my last letter didn't come in until Dec 1st! From previous years, it seems like they start rolling out acceptances mid Feb.

You did the MSW? I applied to both MSW and Clinical Psych MA

Just now, nmoyers97 said:

You did the MSW? I applied to both MSW and Clinical Psych MA

Yes! I only applied to MSW programs (7 total). Haven't heard back from any yet, it's still early so I'm trying not to freak out. I see that you applied to NYU's General Psych MA! I applied to NYU's MSW and I think they've started accepting people so kind of nervous. 

Just now, MSWCY said:

Yes! I only applied to MSW programs (7 total). Haven't heard back from any yet, it's still early so I'm trying not to freak out. I see that you applied to NYU's General Psych MA! I applied to NYU's MSW and I think they've started accepting people so kind of nervous. 

Oh god, the anxiety!

6 minutes ago, MSWCY said:

What other programs did you apply to?

18 hours ago, MSWCY said:

NYU has started to send out responses! I received mine last Wednesday. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, cmay said:

NYU has started to send out responses! I received mine last Wednesday. Hope this helps!

That’s what I’ve been hearing! When did you apply to NYU if you don’t mind sharing? I submitted my app on 12/28 and got the email that it was complete on 1/5 but have yet to hear back :( So nervous since people accepted are hearing back already. 

27 minutes ago, MSWCY said:

That’s what I’ve been hearing! When did you apply to NYU if you don’t mind sharing? I submitted my app on 12/28 and got the email that it was complete on 1/5 but have yet to hear back :( So nervous since people accepted are hearing back already. 

I submitted mine on the 5th but I had all my supporting documents in before then (letters of rec and field evals). I hope you hear back soon! 

23 hours ago, cmay said:

I submitted mine on the 5th but I had all my supporting documents in before then (letters of rec and field evals). I hope you hear back soon! 

Do you mind sharing around what time did you get an email that there was an update to your portal? I’ve been checking my portal everyday. 

On 1/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, MSWCY said:

Do you mind sharing around what time did you get an email that there was an update to your portal? I’ve been checking my portal everyday. 

Sure! It was around 10:30 am. Crossing my fingers for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this thread. I applied to MSW programs at NYU, Columbia, CUNY Hunter, and Fordham. I heard back from Fordham and NYU, both were accepts! Hunter is my top choice and I'm trying to be patient, but last year's thread makes it seem like we won't hear back until mid-March. Any help and tips are much appreciated! Anyone else applying to Hunter? 

5 minutes ago, soap opera said:

Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this thread. I applied to MSW programs at NYU, Columbia, CUNY Hunter, and Fordham. I heard back from Fordham and NYU, both were accepts! Hunter is my top choice and I'm trying to be patient, but last year's thread makes it seem like we won't hear back until mid-March. Any help and tips are much appreciated! Anyone else applying to Hunter? 

I applied to the same schools, except Fordham. Congrats on your acceptances so far! I also got into NYU and also have Hunter as my top choice - the anxiety of waiting is unreal. Hoping to hear good news for both of us soon!!