Columbia SIPA MPA 2021

shrishti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, shuathmore said:

In, for the MPA-EPM program for Summer. Got it on the 1st of Feb. Fellowship and scholarship decisions due between now and the 15th they said. 

Congrats on getting in! Well done. Did you apply for early admission?

On 2/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, goodvibesonly said:

I'm waiting to hear from them too!

Did all of you apply for the early admissions? I screwed up my video essay haha

Yeah was early apps. 

9 hours ago, SimeonB said:

Hey, what if I applied by 10th January, does that also mean that I have to wait until mid of March? 

The early decisions came out in December, so I believe you'll hear by mid march

6 hours ago, BinZh5551 said:

hey i also screwed up my video essay

So sad though

From what I have heard, they don't weigh the video essay in their admission process with a big proportion. They just want to see if you can say complete sentences in English. My video essay was on the question of "which country would you travel to next"? I didn't do so well but still landed an admission with some funding.

9 hours ago, qrrcl said:

From what I have heard, they don't weigh the video essay in their admission process with a big proportion. They just want to see if you can say complete sentences in English. My video essay was on the question of "which country would you travel to next"? I didn't do so well but still landed an admission with some funding.

Many thanks for the info!

13 hours ago, qrrcl said:

My video essay asked to explain the concept of public policy. As you can imagine, it didn't go as I had hoped it would. I was totally thrown off

3 hours ago, Aveces said:

My video essay asked to explain the concept of public policy. As you can imagine, it didn't go as I had hoped it would. I was totally thrown off

Mine was to explain which is more important: privacy or national security.

Back then I did not know anything in that field. I almost cried after it.

3 hours ago, BinZh5551 said:

Mine was to explain which is more important: privacy or national security.

Back then I did not know anything in that field. I almost cried after it.

Oof yeah y'all got some tough questions to answer

I had to do it twice because my first one didn't get uploaded to the system for whatever reason ? but my questions were:

1. How has the volatile global climate impacted your life?

2. Are friends from your hometown informed about public policy issues? Why or why not? (It was something along these lines, probably not the exact wording)

Wouldn't say I hit it out of the park on either, just kind of rambled.

• 2 weeks later...