2021 EEB PhD Admissions Results

behavioral_ecology

On 1/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, behavioral_ecology said:

@Mikedrumm22 I am also curious abut the wait listing from Minnesota. How did you hear back? My portal doesn't have any updates.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, Biogeo said:

sorry to hear the bad news but thanks for the update! Did the Minnesota news come from the PI or admission coordinator? I’m eagerly waiting to hear back from UMN and UW Madison.

Hey guys sorry been busy. I reached our to the director of admissions for UMN, and the PI I was in contact with also knew about the situation. Essentially I was told I was not selected for the first round of interviews but my application is also not being discarded in the chance they do additional interviews. 
As for CUNY, I am applying with a PI in mind who I have been in contact with. Eagerly awaiting as I hope to go there if I can get in.

18 hours ago, Mikedrumm22 said:

Hey guys sorry been busy. I reached our to the director of admissions for UMN, and the PI I was in contact with also knew about the situation. Essentially I was told I was not selected for the first round of interviews but my application is also not being discarded in the chance they do additional interviews. 
As for CUNY, I am applying with a PI in mind who I have been in contact with. Eagerly awaiting as I hope to go there if I can get in.

Thanks for this update! I received the same decision (not quite a rejection, but no interview invite) to UW Madison. Keeping our fingers crossed for other options!!

1 minute ago, Biogeo said:

Thanks for this update! I received the same decision (not quite a rejection, but no interview invite) to UW Madison. Keeping our fingers crossed for other options!!

Yeah always better than a rejection but still stings for sure. Stay strong, these waitlists are as good as an interview in a normal year, so be proud. 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, corncornhell said:

I emailed my POI and the department and still haven't gotten a response from either which is pretty weird

I emailed the department, will see if I get a response. Now it looks like a few rejections have been posted by people who heard from their POI, but still no interview requests.

I emailed the graduate admissions coordinators for timeline updates at each of my programs (because I'd rather know I'm rejected now than anxiously wait until April for the official decision). Here is some info from them:

-UCLA interview invites have already been sent out

-U of Minnesota interview invites have already been sent out

-UC Davis Population Biology interview invites have already been sent out

-UC Davis Animal Behavior interview invites should be sent out by around the beginning of next week

-UC Davis Ecology decisions go out between early February and late March, though she did not mention an interview timeline

Hi everyone!

I have been accepted to UW-Madison's MS in Agroecology (where I would plan to continue on with a PhD in Entomology), been invited to a recruitment event for Cornell Entomology, been told by a PI that I will likely be accepted to Rutgers Ecology & Evolution. 

Did anyone else apply to UC Berkeley in ESPM (Environmental Science, Policy, and Management)? Haven't heard anything from them yet.

2 hours ago, entoemma said:

Did anyone else apply to UC Berkeley in ESPM (Environmental Science, Policy, and Management)? Haven't heard anything from them yet.

Hi I applied to UCBerkeley ESPM too but haven't heard anything either :( 

16 hours ago, notcharlesdarwin said:

Has anyone applied to the Richard Gilder program at the American Museum of Natural History? If so, do you have any idea of when we should hear back about interviews?

Haven't heard anything on my end. I assume that because the deadline was moved to January it might be a while before we get a response.

Hang in everyone! I also haven't heard from CUNY yet, but it seems like first week of Feb is when people heard back in the past so finger's crossed!

In other news my first interviews are tomorrow and I am ridiculously nervous - even though I feel like my verbal communication / interview skills are pretty good, I'm so close yet still so far ?

Has anyone else done interviews yet? Any tips?