2021 EEB PhD Admissions Results

behavioral_ecology

8 hours ago, BirdEvo said:

Hi fellow EEBs, just thought I would give you all an update! I never heard from CUNY... so not looking good for me there. But I have three offers from University of Southern California, University of Kansas and University of Chicago. They are all really great options, Chicago was my first choice going into this so I am leaning towards Chicago right now. I really hope you all get good news - this was a brutal year!!

Three offers is huge! Congratulations on your success this application cycle! I've received one acceptance so far (UT Arlington), waiting on a post-interview decision from Richard Gilder, U of Washington, and Marquette, and have not heard from CUNY or U of New Mex at all. Honestly tired of waiting at this point, but I feel good about having a spot somewhere.

14 hours ago, BirdEvo said:

Hi fellow EEBs, just thought I would give you all an update! I never heard from CUNY... so not looking good for me there. But I have three offers from University of Southern California, University of Kansas and University of Chicago. They are all really great options, Chicago was my first choice going into this so I am leaning towards Chicago right now. I really hope you all get good news - this was a brutal year!!

Congrats!! I also just got an official offer from U Chicago and it is my favorite program!

Just now, Evoble said:

E & E, how about you? (^Sorry it's an unofficial notification from the POI not the official offer, made a typo...)

Mine is for CEB! I got the unofficial notification on 2/24 and official on 2/25, but I didn't get it via email, so check your portal the official letter might have posted! Yay!! Sounds like we might be in the same place next year!

2 minutes ago, BirdEvo said:

Mine is for CEB! I got the unofficial notification on 2/24 and official on 2/25, but I didn't get it via email, so check your portal the official letter might have posted! Yay!! Sounds like we might be in the same place next year!

Yay I look forward to actually meeting you next year!! Thanks for letting me know that it might not come from email; my letter is not posted yet but I will keep an eye on the portal!

Hi All,

I am a primate behavioral ecologist and complex systems theory researcher, I look at social system evolutionary dynamics in cercopithecine primates. I am finishing my Master's in Primate Behavior at Central Washington University this spring. I applied to two PhD programs this cycle, Physical Anthropology at CUNY (not EEB relevant unless you work with primates), and Animal Behavior at UC Davis.

I interviewed for both programs. I was invited for interviews on 1/9/2021 for CUNY Physical Anthropology and for UC Davis Animal Behavior on 1/15/2021. I heard back from my potential advisor that I was rejected at CUNY on 2/11/2021 although I still haven't gotten an official rejection letter from CUNY yet. I heard back from UC Davis Animal Behavior on 2/23/2021 and found out I was accepted! Just wanted to let people in here know my results in case you applied to either of these programs. Don't lose out hope there is always a chance you will get in on the waitlist depending on how many people accept their offers!

Otherwise best of luck on the rest of your admissions processes!

I don't see very many confirmed rejections or acceptances from Brown EEB, I don't see any update in my applicant portal either, is anyone else in the same boat?

1 hour ago, sn_ said:

I don't see very many confirmed rejections or acceptances from Brown EEB, I don't see any update in my applicant portal either, is anyone else in the same boat?

I was contacted directly by my potential advisor along with the adcom chairs. 

On 1/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, behavioral_ecology said:

I'm not sure if UT has a recruitment weekend or not.

I'm also waiting to hear back from U of Minnesota, U of Oklahoma, UCLA, UC Davis, UIUC, and Stanford* if anyone has any news on those programs!

*I have seen interview requests for Stanford Biology so I'm assuming it's a No for me.

btw if anyone is still wondering about UT EEB, i believe recruitment was feb 5th (I had to reschedule due to a conflict). 

1 hour ago, Gabs3 said:

Yeah i also re-scheduled UT EEB because of a conflict, but i haven’t heard anything about admission decisions. I did receive an offer from TAMU. 

I received an offer from UT Austin EEB early this week, but I'm turning it down. Hopefully this means good news for folks waiting to hear back :)

On 3/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, sn_ said:

Yeah, same with me. 

On 3/8/2021 at 9:31 PM, dobzhansky said:

what are everyone's admits so far? EEB is a small community and i'm interested to see if i might bump into any of you.

I was admitted to USC, University of Kansas & University of Chicago. I've accepted Chicago's offer!