UNC MSW FALL 2021

Sleverett

Just now, Antsmarch said:
2 minutes ago, PickachuBlue said:

What program did you apply to? Maybe that email was sent out only to the Full-Time 2-year applicants.

Hmmm. I'm not sure then. Could be good or bad news. Bad news would be they never considered your application complete so you're not on their email list. Or good news that maybe they plan on sending you an acceptance so they don't have you on the list of remaining applicants.

Just a quick note to anyone else feeling super bummed b/c they haven't heard back yet - I happened to get an email this morning from a current 2 yr full time MSW student I connected with last year, and after telling her I hadn't heard back, here's what she said:

"It is absolutely not a bad sign that you haven’t heard yet! I applied twice and got in both times. Last year, I heard on St. Patrick’s Day, and the time before that (2018), I didn’t hear until the first week in April. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but don’t count yourself out yet!"

I realize every year is different, but in case it adds some positivity to your day - here you go :)

3 hours ago, thr7185 said:

Just a quick note to anyone else feeling super bummed b/c they haven't heard back yet - I happened to get an email this morning from a current 2 yr full time MSW student I connected with last year, and after telling her I hadn't heard back, here's what she said:

"It is absolutely not a bad sign that you haven’t heard yet! I applied twice and got in both times. Last year, I heard on St. Patrick’s Day, and the time before that (2018), I didn’t hear until the first week in April. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but don’t count yourself out yet!"

I realize every year is different, but in case it adds some positivity to your day - here you go :)

Thank you for that! 

4 minutes ago, Thom S said:

Got denied today :( now what do i do with my life?

Good luck to everyone else. I hope y’all get good news!

Oof. I am sorry to hear this. When did you hear from them?

Anyone else get any news?

I got in, they sent me and email last night and i just saw it this morning, it went to my spam. They told me the official email letter would come in the next few days. I cant believe it!

My best wishes to all of you who dont know yet or have been denied. You already know this, but acceptance to this program does not determine your worth.

16 hours ago, PickachuBlue said:

I saw that you got a big scholarship to UChicago. Where are you thinking of ultimately going?

Yes!! I was super surprised. I love chicago (I grew up there) but I think I’m leaning towards Columbia. They gave me slightly less money than Chicago so I’m hoping they can match Chicago’s offer. UNC is actually the most affordable option for me since I qualify for in-state, but I’m not sure if I will attend. I will be making a decision soon so hopefully this frees up a spot for another student to be accepted to UNC! 

3 hours ago, MSWchic said:

Yes!! I was super surprised. I love chicago (I grew up there) but I think I’m leaning towards Columbia. They gave me slightly less money than Chicago so I’m hoping they can match Chicago’s offer. UNC is actually the most affordable option for me since I qualify for in-state, but I’m not sure if I will attend. I will be making a decision soon so hopefully this frees up a spot for another student to be accepted to UNC! 

Wow you're definitely a stellar applicant to get scholarships to the best ranked programs in the country. Congratulations on all of your success!

Is anyone else waiting like me?

Edited by PickachuBlue

1 hour ago, PickachuBlue said:

Wow you're definitely a stellar applicant to get scholarships to the best ranked programs in the country. Congratulations on all of your success!

I’m still playing the waiting game with you. What a doozy. 

6 hours ago, PickachuBlue said:

Thanks so much this means a lot! Rooting for you :) the waiting game is so hard but hang in there!! 

3 hours ago, aeriddic said:

Just got an acceptance to the 3 year program! I cried.

I guess I am a little UNC obsessed. UNC undergrad, now UNC employee, future UNC grad student :) 

For anyone else who applied to the 3 year program, they had told me on Wednesday they’re finalizing everything this week!

Yay!! I applied for the three year program and have been anxiously awaiting the results. Did you find out by email? Congratulations to you!