McMaster MSc Global Health Fall 2021

hangrypanda

Hey everyone, I also got waitlisted today. My last name starts with an R and I submitted my app on Jan 29th - hope that helps. 

As for my stats, 12.0 GPA, research experience (several first author and co-author pubs in cancer research, about 10 conference presentations, published an oncology book), volunteer work (some in global health) and extracurriculars. Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I'd share! 

Best of luck to everyone:) 

Edited by excelfiend

1 minute ago, excelfiend said:

Hey everyone, I also got waitlisted today. My last name starts with an R and I submitted my app on Jan 29th - hope that helps. 

As for my stats, 12.0 GPA, a lot of research experience (several first author and co-author pubs in cancer research, about 10 conference presentations, published an oncology book), volunteer work (some in global health) and extracurriculars. Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I'd share! 

so probably not alphabetical haha

Hey guys!! Congrats to those that got in!!!

I just found this online and thought I'd join in on this ...My gpa is 11.5 for the last 10 credits when I applied..last name is with P and I still didn't hear back..no email or anything...:(( ..getting super anxious by the day

9 minutes ago, excelfiend said:

As for my stats, 12.0 GPA, research experience (several first author and co-author pubs in cancer research, about 10 conference presentations, published an oncology book), volunteer work (some in global health) and extracurriculars. Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I'd share! 

damn you got waitlisted with those stats ?

I wonder what the weighting is for each part of the app when making admin decisions

10 minutes ago, excelfiend said:

Omg you have done some amazing work! If you don’t mind me asking, what time did you get your email? 

wishing you the best of luck! :) 

1 minute ago, robby99 said:

damn you got waitlisted with those stats ?

I wonder what the weighting is for each part of the app when making admin decisions

I'm not sure! I think there is a lot of emphasis on the SOI from what I've heard. I actually had a current Mac global health student read mine over, but who knows what they really want lol. I have no idea at this point?

2 minutes ago, gh2021 said:

Omg you have done some amazing work! If you don’t mind me asking, what time did you get your email? 

wishing you the best of luck! :) 

Thank you!! I received my email at 3:18 today !

5 minutes ago, GH21 said:

I am not sure! but did you hear back? Because there is still silence on my end :(

havent heard back ? but im just confused bc everyone who i know got in so far got a scholarship, and then today waitlists got sent out 

16 minutes ago, GAmanda said:

havent heard back ? but im just confused bc everyone who i know got in so far got a scholarship, and then today waitlists got sent out 

Same here! Haven't heard back! Good luck :)

Global health is very different in the way they send out decisions, which makes all of this harder :(

but now that I remember I know there was a question on Mosaic when we initially filled out the application asking if you are applying to any other programs, so I’m wondering if that has an effect?