McMaster MSc Global Health Fall 2021

hangrypanda

Just a quick question - for those who have/ haven’t received a response yet, under student centre does everything still come up as “required” and not completed? For me, only the reference letters say complete. I know they get updated manually, but I’m wondering if it ever says complete for the other sections? 

10 minutes ago, Science101 said:

Just a quick question - for those who have/ haven’t received a response yet, under student centre does everything still come up as “required” and not completed? For me, only the reference letters say complete. I know they get updated manually, but I’m wondering if it ever says complete for the other sections? 

Hi!

I didn’t receive any response yet but yeah everything under student centre still com up as “required”. Someone from other program did told me the status won’t change until the you receive an offer and have your official transcript sent to the office, but I’m not sure if this’s the case for this year.

12 minutes ago, Science101 said:

I haven't received a response yet. My references say completed but everything else says required.

1 hour ago, gh2021 said:

Congrats to everyone! Do you guys think offers are being sent out in waves? 

Yes, I think so. When I emailed the office on Wednesday, they told me that offers are sent out over the course of a few days as they are being processed by the school of graduate studies. 

Last year, it seems like they sent out offers of admission early to mid May and sent out wait lists notifications May 15. 

Perhaps this year it might be a bit delayed? It seems like people just started getting offers of admission starting on Tues/Wed this week.

Edited by robby99

10 minutes ago, robby99 said:

Yes, I think so. When I emailed the office on Wednesday, they told me that offers are sent out over the course of a few days as they are being processed by the school of graduate studies. 

Last year, it seems like they sent out offers of admission early to mid May and sent out wait lists notifications May 15. 

Perhaps this year it might be a bit delayed? It seems like people just started getting offers of admission starting on Tues/Wed this week.

Yes that makes complete sense! I think they usually do acceptances, rejections and then wait lists. 

So you’re right! It all may be delayed this year given that the only started acceptances whereas by this time last year they were already done with the first round of offers. 

Edited by gh2021

1 minute ago, gradskool2021 said:

11.6 but most of those marks wouldn't have been part of my application since i just finished my degree 

oh what was it when you submitted your app? Thank you so much for your response btw :)

Edited by GAmanda

19 minutes ago, Gradzschool said:

For those who were accepted and got a scholarship, how much did you get? Does everyone who is accepted get a scholarship?

According to the website, there are only a limited amount of scholarships given out per year.