McMaster MSc Global Health Fall 2021

hangrypanda

1 hour ago, jamie2547 said:

Hey it shows up for me like that too on mosaic! I'm not sure if we actually need to submit it??

I dont think so, it says that "required" means that The application has been received by McMaster University and the application materials are pending review by the graduate program.

3 minutes ago, GAmanda said:

Mine says official transcript from highschool and university are required, but i have no clue if these are new additions. I think my highschool infos on there cause I applied to undergrad at mac (i got in but didnt end up going) 

How strange... 

I did not apply to Mac previously, so maybe the high school transcript requirement is a glitch that’s showing up for those who have? I can’t think of any reason why they would need our high school grades! 

12 minutes ago, hangrypanda said:

I noticed that “official transcript” is now included in my required documents. Previously, the requirements section only read: Reference, Reference, Resume, Unofficial Transcript, Statement of Interest. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

It says official transcript is required on my Mosaic, but I noticed that was added a while ago for me! 

Just now, hangrypanda said:

How strange... 

I did not apply to Mac previously, so maybe the high school transcript requirement is a glitch that’s showing up for those who have? I can’t think of any reason why they would need our high school grades! 

I think it probably just uploaded with my file when I reacitvated my mosaic account 

2 hours ago, MacGrad21 said:

Has anyone called the global health office and asked for an update? A current student told me that they did that a few times last year and the staff was always helpful. I would do it but I'm out of province and don't have Canada wide calling.

Just tried! no answer :( anyone here anything back today? 

11 minutes ago, hangrypanda said:

They were probably closed already as some McMaster offices close at 4 PM. I called them back in January with a question around 11 AM and got an answer. No news today! 

Oh okay, that makes sense! If I have time I will try calling earlier tomorrow. And yeup no news from my end either

3 hours ago, sar.bear said:

They said: Admission decisions will be sent via email by mid-May for domestic students. 

Which could insinuate that decisions simply have not been sent out yet. I'm surprised because they said mid-May last year too, but people heard back beginning May 1.

Yeahhh! They just told me the same thing. I think they stick to the mid May point just incase they run behind or something. Because every other year and like you said last year as well, people started hearing back by this time 

An update for everyone! 

My friend just called the GH office. They had mentioned that no domestic admission decisions (whether it is acceptance, waitlist or rejection) have went out as of yet. They are still in the process of finalizing things, and we should be hearing back in the next couple of weeks. 

Hopefully we hear back sooner rather than the next couple of weeks :(

11 minutes ago, gh2021 said:

An update for everyone! 

My friend just called the GH office. They had mentioned that no domestic admission decisions (whether it is acceptance, waitlist or rejection) have went out as of yet. They are still in the process of finalizing things, and we should be hearing back in the next couple of weeks. 

Hopefully we hear back sooner rather than the next couple of weeks :(

THANK YOU to your friend for doing that for to you for sharing that information. Helps a lot. I'm going to stop checking Mosaic every hour ?. Since everyone's been saying that they said we'll hear back by mid-May, I'm going to hope we hear back next week!

44 minutes ago, excelfiend said:

Is anyone having trouble logging into Mosaic right now? 

They do weekly maintenance on Thursday nights! Should be back up soon though