McMaster MSc Global Health Fall 2021

hangrypanda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, globalguRl said:

has anyone heard anything at all? ik its still pretty early 

Nope, nothing. The earliest anyone will hear is late April and I've heard that late April decisions only come out for international applicants. Domestic applicants will still need to wait until May.

Thank you to whoever started this!

GPA: 11.1 (McMaster Scale)

Submitted: January 23, 2021

Would anyone like to chat about/share their experience or extracurriculars? This program is so competitive, really nervous! 

@jowilson I love your username! Is it inspired by your actual name or is it Grey's Anatomy inspired?

I'm super nervous as well because the MSc is my top choice + a competitive program.

I have professional experience in research labs at my university and community healthcare settings. My application highlighted my experience at two healthcare clinics, the research positions I've held at two labs, and my senior-year research project which is related to global health.

Edited by hangrypanda

@hangrypanda haha thank you!! it's not my actual name, it's definitely Grey's anatomy inspired. I've gone through very similar stuff as her which is why she is my absolute favourite character on that show. 

it's also my top choice, good luck to the both of us. 

wow, that's amazing!!! sounds like you're definitely a strong candidate for the program. 

I also have experience in a few research labs, I've worked at an academic health sciences centre in Toronto for 5 years and have published in the area (more so within newcomer and refugee health) and have presented at several conferences (which I tried to highlight in the CV and personal statement). 

Edited by jowilson

@jowilson I really hope you're applying for the thesis route given all your awesome research experience! Publishing and presenting???? That's huge! If you're applying to the course route, which field of study did you apply for (e.g. global health management)?

Edit: I applied course route btw :)

Edited by hangrypanda

@jowilson Nice! That one sounds very interesting. Though, you're the first person I've met who applied for that specialization. Most people I've met applied for Globalization and Equity or Global Health Management. I chose Implementing Innovations on a Global Scale because I enjoy research and development and social innovation.

Good luck to us both! Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to chat about.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, GAmanda said:

Hi! Does our chosen specialization effect our application in any way?

According to the program's website, no, it does not. However, I believe they said a strong application will demonstrate an interest in your chosen specialization and that you have studied and/or done things related to the specialization.