Criminology and Criminal Justice PhD F21

I’ve been anxiously looking for a thread with updates such as acceptance, declined, or received an interview from criminology and criminal justice programs. I applied to UC Irvine, University of South Carolina, University of Central Florida, and Howard. So far I’ve gotten an interview with the University of Central Florida.  

20 hours ago, Sunshine04 said:

Which programs did you apply to ? 

I applied to John Jay, Indiana University-Bloomington, University of Illinois-Chicago, University of Missouri-St. Louis, and University of Cincinnati. I was accepted to Indiana's program last week but haven't heard anything from the other programs as of yet.

Also applied to Criminal Justice/Criminology Programs for fall '21! I applied to Northeastern, John Jay, University of South Carolina, and Florida State University. 

So far I've been rejected from Northeastern, accepted to The University of South Carolina, and I have an interview for John Jay. FSU is my dream school though so I really want to hear back from them!

So far I’ve been rejected from the university of South Carolina. My dream school is the University of California, Irvine. I’m still waiting back to hear from them and the other schools. 

Congratulations on everyone’s acceptances!

thank you @nerdyjilly !!!! and you never know about JJ honestly,I had a feeling they were gonna send the emails out not at once since 4 different people need to coordinate interviews and it's not as straightforward as having everyone come down for a weekend. Good luck and I'm so happy they reached out to you!!!

and good luck @Sunshine04! I really hope UCIrvine gets back to you with good news :))

13 minutes ago, Caribprincess said:

@Sunshine04You are definitely not alone. I got into UMD but have been waitlisted at 2 places and I am hoping I don't get admitted at the last minute.

Yes that is nerve racking. Are there specific deadlines you have to accept by?

19 hours ago, Sunshine04 said:

Has anyone run into the dilemma of getting accepted into schools and still waiting to hear back from others but getting anxious that you might not hear back from other schools in enough time to make an adequate decision?

Check with the schools on deadlines even the ones you are waiting to hear back from. Also if you commit to one and a better oppurtunity arises you can withdraw, no school will fault you. Sinceyou will be spending the next 5+ years there go where you are happiest. It is ok to change your mind. Obviously since you have time to wait, wait, but again withdrawing after saying you are going is ok.

I just heard back from South Florida- I did not get in but that’s okay because I know why. I’m still waiting to hear back from UCI and Howard. Given that official decisions are supposed to come at the end of March-early April for Irvine I’m not hopeful because I would assume interviews have already occurred. 

How is everyone else’s journey coming along ?

Edited by Sunshine04

3 hours ago, ssx1 said:

Hey guys! Thought I would pitch in 

Applied: University of Cincinnati, ASU, Rutgers, FSU, USF, George Mason, SHSU

Accepted with funding: University of Cincinnati, ASU, Rutgers, FSU, USF

Accepted no funding: George Mason

Haven't heard back: SHSU

Congratulations! That’s so exciting !

1 hour ago, Sunshine04 said:

Congratulations! That’s so exciting !

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't expecting more than one or two at the most and honestly, I'm super grateful for all of these potential opportunities! Any opinions on which is the best school in your opinion? I'm happy to hear from anyone! 

6 minutes ago, ssx1 said:

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't expecting more than one or two at the most and honestly, I'm super grateful for all of these potential opportunities! Any opinions on which is the best school in your opinion? I'm happy to hear from anyone! 

I don’t know much about the schools you applied to, however, I do know that USF is great !