sbba21

23 hours ago, sbba21 said:

Not yet :(  It's a bit frustrating how long this whole process is taking them, although I recognize this year's pool is a lot more competitive.

I feel you, it’s all been so drawn out ;( I spoke to someone at admissions and she said award amounts are typically on average around 6,000 and a third of incoming students receive them. Hoping it’s a little higher since I’ll be moving cross country. here’s to hoping  for some news this week! 

On 3/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, MSW Applicant 202 said:

Hi all! I’m wicked excited to say I was just accepted to the full time day program! UW is my top choice, but obviously as an out of state resident, I have to really consider the financial burdens and would love to know if anyone was awarded individual merit scholarships in their admissions email, or if all financial aid is sent later on with the FAFSA information. 

@MSW Applicant 202 I just read your comment and super thrilled to find out someone else is also thinking about doing the concurrent program at UW with MSW and MPA! I'm out of state too and got into both Evans and Day program. Can we connect? Would love to hear your perspectives! (financial burden is huge)

Just a little fyi for everyone still waiting for aid info! this is what someone at admissions sent today:

“The School of Social Work intends to send out notices of departmental awards by the end of March. We also send out a blast email to all applicants letting them know that all aid has been awarded so that they have some closure if they did not receive any departmental funding.”

On 3/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, Sweetcoffee said:

I also applied for the edp program but have yet to hear back. Have u heard back yet?? I’m so anxious!!

Nothing yet :( hopefully we hear back soon, march ends next week!

On 3/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, Sweetcoffee said:

Oh man ? keep me updated! One of my friends heard back last week for EDP do hopefully we hear back this week!!

I just received my acceptance!!!!!!! Have you heard back yet??

On 3/22/2021 at 12:21 PM, christina k said:

Just a little fyi for everyone still waiting for aid info! this is what someone at admissions sent today:

“The School of Social Work intends to send out notices of departmental awards by the end of March. We also send out a blast email to all applicants letting them know that all aid has been awarded so that they have some closure if they did not receive any departmental funding.”

Thank you for the insight! I'm waiting patiently (sort of) haha!

Anyone applying for the assistantship position for admission? I checked recently and have been shocked by the application requirements... a cover letter and 3 questions (up to 500 words for each responses)! I guess it makes sense because the position is valuable--I just thought the admission application was the most work already lol.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, Luisa206 said:

Any day program applicants that haven’t heard back yet? I’m thinking it’s not a good sign but trying not to lose hope yet!

I’m a day program applicant and haven’t heard back yet! Have you? I’m hoping since tomorrow is a Friday we might hear something. 

19 hours ago, MSWStudent21 said:

I’m a day program applicant and haven’t heard back yet! Have you? I’m hoping since tomorrow is a Friday we might hear something. 

Did you hear today? I was sooo thinking I would but I got nothing :( it’s hard not to feel super discouraged 

26 minutes ago, Luisa206 said:

Did you hear today? I was sooo thinking I would but I got nothing :( it’s hard not to feel super discouraged 

I did not ? I saw in a 2020 forum that some day program applicants got their acceptance on April 2nd, so I’m trying not to lose hope yet. The wait is killing me though!! 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, sbba21 said:

Has anyone received any notice of departmental award yet? March ends tomorrow, so I'm a bit concerned :(.

14 hours ago, christina k said:

I still haven’t, not sure why such a delay?? I am also feeling very nervous about it.

Not yet here, either. The financial aid portal hasn't been updated either, so I'm guessing it'll all happen in one fell swoop? Hoping it'll come by today or Friday at the latest. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, sbba21 said:

Hi!! I’m also out of state and accepted. UW is my top choice too. I didn’t receive information on scholarships but am waiting for fin aid information!

why is UW ya'lls top choice?

13 hours ago, HeyMSW said:

The location--mostly it works out with my personal plans. I also enjoyed their admission process (up until now when we're all waiting for fin aid).

On 3/31/2021 at 10:46 PM, HeyMSW said:

Same as above - location works out and I really liked the admissions process. I liked what I saw of the program from talking with current students and admin . They also seem to have a lot of student affinity groups which was important to me. 

Also saw on Discord that some people received scholarship letters today. Anyone get good news?

Edited by cottoncandycarmen

16 hours ago, cottoncandycarmen said:

Same as above - location works out and I really liked the admissions process. I liked what I saw of the program from talking with current students and admin . They also seem to have a lot of student affinity groups which was important to me. 

Also saw on Discord that some people received scholarship letters today. Anyone get good news?

I haven't gotten any scholarship info. I want to go to UW, but since I'm out of state now I'm really anxious. I'm not sure if I can justify it without financial aid.

15 minutes ago, bananamuffin said:

I haven't gotten any scholarship info. I want to go to UW, but since I'm out of state now I'm really anxious. I'm not sure if I can justify it without financial aid.

Im feeling the same way. I don’t know if I will have time to appeal if the offer is not enough w other deadlines approaching. Cross country moving is soo expensive. Hoping aid will be generous for out of staters! 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, cottoncandycarmen said:

Were you asked for a lot of extra requested forms?