Hi all! Surprised to see that there is no thread for Oxford BSG's MPP this year (I wonder why). Starting this for all those waiting for the results. 

55 minutes ago, Nickel95 said:

Hello! I also applied and anxiously await results. I know we are supposed to hear by March 19, however, acceptances went out on the 13th last year. Do you think there's any chance we will hear today?

As there was a record 34% increase in applications. We definitely wont hear anything until about Wednesday Next week. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeys uncle said:

Hi guys an update. Has anyone else's drop box menu on the application portal been disabled. Where you could upload transcripts for example? Mine has just been disabled in the last few hours. Anyone else?

This has been thoroughly discussed on the student room. the conclusions are: 

1. The Oxford website says it means a decision has been made. It is not indicative of a rejection or an offer. 

2. There are people who have had it disabled and gone on to get an offer and others who have gone on to get rejected. Obviously, many more people will end up being rejected than accepted, so a false association has been made between this happening and rejection. 

And to answer your question: mine was disabled yesterday. 

1 minute ago, ZSRA92 said:

This has been thoroughly discussed on the student room. the conclusions are: 

1. The Oxford website says it means a decision has been made. It is not indicative of a rejection or an offer. 

2. There are people who have had it disabled and gone on to get an offer and others who have gone on to get rejected. Obviously, many more people will end up being rejected than accepted, so a false association has been made between this happening and rejection. 

And to answer your question: mine was disabled yesterday. 

Thanks for the clarification. When do you recon we will hear anything?

1 minute ago, Monkeys uncle said:

Thanks for the clarification. When do you recon we will hear anything?

It seems like we’re likely to hear back either today or tomorrow.

They have taken longer than previous years to inform applicants of the outcomes. But in their defence, there was a record-setting number of applicants this year, so that definitely contributes to the delay. 

At this point, I’ll accept any reply, I just want to be put out of my misery ?

1 hour ago, ZSRA92 said:

It seems like we’re likely to hear back either today or tomorrow.

They have taken longer than previous years to inform applicants of the outcomes. But in their defence, there was a record-setting number of applicants this year, so that definitely contributes to the delay. 

At this point, I’ll accept any reply, I just want to be put out of my misery ?

Not to make you more anxious, but when I got accepted (a couple of years ago to BSG), my acceptance email got stuck in the tray for a couple of days hahahaha

:) good luck, everything is going to be fine! :)

Edited by SomeFolk

2 hours ago, SomeFolk said:

Not to make you more anxious, but when I got accepted (a couple of years ago to BSG), my acceptance email got stuck in the tray for a couple of days hahahaha

:) good luck, everything is going to be fine! :)

Oh wow. Had you already graduated when you had applied? What do you do now - Post BSG?

2 minutes ago, Monkeys uncle said:

Oh wow. Had you already graduated when you had applied? What do you do now - Post BSG?

:) yeap I graduated 2 years ago... I'm back in my country's Government, but reached a higher positions. Guess the BSG time helped a lot. Keep holding on!! 

1 minute ago, SomeFolk said:

:) yeap I graduated 2 years ago... I'm back in my country's Government, but reached a higher positions. Guess the BSG time helped a lot. Keep holding on!! 

Oh wow congratulations! Can I ask about your experience/qualifications before you applied to BSG?

3 hours ago, AR89 said:

Has anyone received rejection mails yet?

I have not received an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection...so I assume the rejection will come in the next couple days. I’m also in the US- not sure if that makes a difference