11 minutes ago, AdvancedDegreeAlumnus said:

Do the 2 year program as you will need a summer internship. 

21 hours ago, MPP-2021 said:

I tend to think gaining a qualification from a prestigious institution abroad is viewed more favourably in the job market, as it makes you stand out a bit more. So if you're already UK-based, Columbia might be better... also, then you'd get to live in NYC instead of Oxford (NYC has so much more going on as a city). 

Thank you both - I just paid the Columbia deposit ! Really very grateful for your input - NYC here I come !

On 3/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, UKPolicyEnthusiast said:

Thank you both - I just paid the Columbia deposit ! Really very grateful for your input - NYC here I come !

May I ask you to please let Oxford know that you won't be joining? 

I’m waitlisted, and it would be of tremendous help if everyone who already know that won't be joining declines the offer as soon as possible. Every week without an offer decreases waitlisteds’ chances of funding. 

1 hour ago, envirostudent21 said:

Did anyone else receive an email from the admissions office with feedback about your application and why they rejected your application? I received one this morning and was really grateful to have the opportunity to receive that kind of feedback!

I received this too! They basically said they thought my application was strong but they thought I was a little early in my career. It was nice to get feedback from them!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 7:46 AM, MPP-2021 said:

Has anyone heard back about scholarships? 

I did- I received nothing from Blavatnik, but they also mentioned that the University at large and your college may have more opportunities that will be announced by the end of May. Did any other US students apply for the Eisenhower Fellows Global Scholars program?

Edited by povertypolicypolly

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Sorry to reopen this thread after so long, but congratulations to all the lovely people who got in this year! I'm hoping to apply this year for entry in 2022, and wanted some thoughts/advice. When I apply, I will be 2 years out of my undergrad, and spent between working with a Parliamentarian and a top tier research organisation in India. This would make a little 24 (almost 25) at entry. I see the BSG classroom is amongst the older ones, and wanted to know if my age will likely prove a disadvantage. I have a convincing motivation for wanting to do it now, but I don't know if that trumps their norm. 

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help!

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 1:27 AM, gottagotoschool said:

Hi everyone! Sorry to reopen this thread after so long, but congratulations to all the lovely people who got in this year! I'm hoping to apply this year for entry in 2022, and wanted some thoughts/advice. When I apply, I will be 2 years out of my undergrad, and spent between working with a Parliamentarian and a top tier research organisation in India. This would make a little 24 (almost 25) at entry. I see the BSG classroom is amongst the older ones, and wanted to know if my age will likely prove a disadvantage. I have a convincing motivation for wanting to do it now, but I don't know if that trumps their norm. 

Did you apply for MPP 2022-23?

On 7/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, gottagotoschool said:

Answering this question for any future lurkers. From my research, it seems like BSG prefers people with more work experience. HOWEVER, it also takes in a substantial bunch of people with one or two years of work experience if (and only if) they have shown academic excellence. If you're an alumnus of Oxford, you could also get in without any work experience in policy.