PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

Good morning all, another week or waiting ahead. Was curious if anyone knows as this is my first real attempt for Doctoral programs. But one school sent me an email to check financial aid award information on their portal and shows among other things, scholarship award offers. Is that something everyone who applies would get shown or could that be a promising sign that I may be getting an offer to the program? Thanks for any insight!

1 hour ago, PhDHopeful13 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyone heard from Hopkins SBS since interview? Or know when decisions are going to come out? My interviewer had told me we'd get an email from the DGC with funding package info a couple of weeks post-interview but didn't give me a good timeline of when that'd be.

Hi there! Haven't heard from Hopkins SBS yet. Last year they conducted interviews about the same time and the results came out on February 19th. My guess is we'll probably hear later this week!

1 hour ago, randomseed said:

Hi! Does anyone have any information on the UC Berkeley Epi PhD program? Thanks!

Good luck, everyone!

I applied for Health Policy, but I asked the admissions office last week and it seems they're in the process of submitting their recommendations for admission to the Graduate School and said I could hear back anytime from now to mid-March.

13 minutes ago, aca105 said:

I applied for Health Policy, but I asked the admissions office last week and it seems they're in the process of submitting their recommendations for admission to the Graduate School and said I could hear back anytime from now to mid-March.

Thank you for sharing! Good luck to us!

1 hour ago, aca105 said:

May I ask if you did the interview with the admission? 

Received my first rejection of this cycle for the UCSF epidemiology of translational sciences program. They updated the application portal on Friday with the decision. As I haven't heard back from the other two programs I applied to yet (UW Implementation Science and GW global health) I am not feeling optimistic about this cycle. Oh well! Onwards and upwards. Good luck to you all!

Hi! I have already declined interviews for the following programs (as I am well-settled with my one acceptance and have already confirmed that I will attend). I hope anyone of you will end up in one or more of them:

1. University of Rochester PhD in Health Services Research
  2. University of Iowa PhD in Health Services and Policy
  3. Virginia Commonwealth University PhD in Healthcare Research and Policy

I also received rejections from Brown University and the University of Minnesota.

Best of luck everyone! 

7 minutes ago, healtheconphd said:

Which track did you apply to? I interviewed for the econ track 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything despite them saying I'd hear within 1-2 weeks.

Population and Data Science - did my interview the week of January 31. I don't really know anymore beyond that tbh. You could try calling the Health Policy PhD contact number I guess? Idk I'm sort of prepared to just wait.

2 hours ago, decolonizehealth said:

Just got an interview invite from Drexel’s Community Health and Prevention PhD program

Congrats, and best of luck on your interview!

Interested to hear if anyone else has heard anything from Drexel. I applied to their health services research program and this is the final program that I haven't heard back from. I haven't seen them mentioned much here. 

41 minutes ago, GenoTheCat said:

Congrats, and best of luck on your interview!

Interested to hear if anyone else has heard anything from Drexel. I applied to their health services research program and this is the final program that I haven't heard back from. I haven't seen them mentioned much here. 

Maybe call the admissions department and ask? When I called a couple weeks ago they were helpful.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:44 AM, randomseed said:

Hi! Does anyone have any information on the UC Berkeley Epi PhD program? Thanks!

Good luck, everyone!

I also applied to the UC Berkeley Epi PhD program and heard nothing so far. I checked the admissions from previous years on gradcafe and found out that they usualy sent out admissions in Mid Feburary and rejections in March. Fingers crossed for both of us???