Cambridge - Should I accept offer while I am waiting for funding results?

cambgrad

Hello! I applied for a Research MPhil to Cambridge in December, as per the funding deadline. I have received an offer and I was wondering whether it makes sense to accept my offer while I am waiting to hear about funding. Would accepting my offer work in favour or against me in terms of funding? What I wouldn't want is for me to accept the offer and discourage funding committee from offering me funding because accepting the offer might indicate to them that I would attend regardless of funding. The opposite is also possible: accepting the offer encourages the funding committee to offer me funding because they would know for sure that I would attend and that the funding offer won't go to waste. I am confused about what to do because even though I want to attend Cambridge I do not want to discourage the funding committee from offering me funding. What should I do? 

(the deadline to accept/decline the offer is end of July this year)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I didn't accept my offer until last week and still got funding so I don't think it will affect your chances! Plus, they know people might accept but then not complete all their conditions because they don't get funding so accepting doesn't mean much at this point!