TU Munich master’s application resume (Computational Science and Engineering)

Pratyusha Malla

Hey all!

I am applying for master's in Computational Science and Engineering at TU Munich. The guidelines for the CV dictate that there must be no chronological gaps in it even if one hasn't been in an educational program or gainful employment during the period. In such a case, say I am working on my "work experience" section in the CV and there is a one year gap during which I was taking a break. Then, it doesn't fit in the work experience section, right? Do I then place this under a separate section even though the timeline in the work experience section is now broken? And if so, what do I call this separate section? Anybody been in a similar boat? Please let me know.

Appreciate your help a lot, thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

I am still new to the GradCafe, and I haven't applied to TU Munich, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

What I know is that any gaps in the CV are kept in the same work experience section, with a brief explanation for the reason for the gap written in place.

I also have a pretty significant gap in my CV due to circumstances out of my control, and I haven't been able to come up with a way to summarize them in a CV that would sound both honest and not tragic (as they are, tbh). It's a frustrating task.

May I ask, do you have any industrial experience? As it seems that TU Munich masters programs require at least 2 years of experience, IIRC. How stringent is this requirement? Are you applying without it?

Best of luck with your application!