Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

10 hours ago, clinicalpolarbear said:

I did! :)

1 hour ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

I did! Interviewed on Feb 4 but haven't heard anything since

Congrats on the interview and to both of you for applying!! I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application, so I wanted to just get a feel for if there are potentially going to be second rounds of interviews (if anyone has gotten an invitation for an interview more recently) or if I should just assume rejection at this point! 

2 minutes ago, AnnaGrad said:

Congrats on the interview and to both of you for applying!! I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application, so I wanted to just get a feel for if there are potentially going to be second rounds of interviews (if anyone has gotten an invitation for an interview more recently) or if I should just assume rejection at this point! 

As some people have gotten waitlist notifications I assume decisions are either in progress or have been made. Never heard of them doing two rounds of interviews before but I don't know if that's a thing they do!

6 minutes ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

As some people have gotten waitlist notifications I assume decisions are either in progress or have been made. Never heard of them doing two rounds of interviews before but I don't know if that's a thing they do!

Okay thanks for letting me know ? 

On 3/10/2022 at 2:34 AM, alexastudent said:

I inquired into the MEd and got this response 

we will inform successful applicants in mid March or a week after mid March because the admissions committee is still reviewing some files 

Please update if ANYONE receives any update from UBC MA or Med Counselling. I am having so much anxiety about it.  

5 hours ago, CrypticAngel said:

Hi caffeineaddict2606,

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes, I meant the MA in spiritual care and psychotherapy at Laurier. I wrote my Casper on March 3rd so I think maybe when one writes the Casper may also impact when the program gets back to them. I'm really trying to be cautiously optimistic, because I have found this whole process so incredibly crushing. I actually only applied to Guelph CFT earlier because of family responsibilities, but decided to apply to Laurier at the last minute. It looks like a really great program, especially since its possible to complete it part-time (which would be really helpful for me as I have young children).

I messaged you :)

21 hours ago, MHTherapy said:

Does anyone’s OISE counselling psychotherapy application still only say submitted? I saw on last year’s forums that theirs would change to under review but haven’t seen anyone this year report that

Mine still says submitted. I emailed them and they said they havent made decisions yet. They are most likely to send out decisions in April 

1 hour ago, ManukaHoney said:

Mine still says submitted. I emailed them and they said they havent made decisions yet. They are most likely to send out decisions in April 

Thanks! Did they say they would send out decisions in April or are you just guessing based on how long it’s taking? I feel for those who may have to accept other offers before April and want to know all of their options :(

41 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Thanks! Did they say they would send out decisions in April or are you just guessing based on how long it’s taking? I feel for those who may have to accept other offers before April and want to know all of their options :(

Yes, they told me that offers are most likely to be sent out in April :)

Just now, never stop dreaming said:

that’s so far away….. i thought i read another poster saying that they were expecting results by end of march.. april is so far 

I know what you mean. It’s actually so difficult to wait for this long. People have heard by January/February and here we are still waiting.

For me, the OISE MEd counselling & psychotherapy program was THE only program I applied to (it is my dream program), so having to wait constantly for this is just so so difficult. 

18 hours ago, Psychologycafe76 said:

This morning I saw that some applicant of McMaster, Psychotherapy got waitlisted. Does that mean those who did not hear from the university after interview should assume that they are nowhere in the running or a rejection is on their way? 

Well that's scary....still waiting after my interview :(

On 3/17/2022 at 3:34 AM, Psychologycafe76 said:

This morning I saw that some applicant of McMaster, Psychotherapy got waitlisted. Does that mean those who did not hear from the university after interview should assume that they are nowhere in the running or a rejection is on their way? 

I got waitlisted for that program on Feb 2! I emailed them asking about where/why I was placed on the waitlist, purely out of curiosity because it is my dream program and I feel like I put my entire soul into that application lol. They responded the next day saying that I put forth a very competitive application, but didn't say much else other than that I would hear back in 'the next several weeks'. I would say it's been several weeks since then, and the deadline for interviewees to accept offers of admissions is the 24th (or 23rd - late next week). So I'm trying to figure out whether my rejection is being drawn out or if they are going to contact the waitlisted applications after they know who is for sure attending in the Fall.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:34 AM, Psychologycafe76 said:

But - since the deadline is not for another week, there's no reason to think that interviewees that haven't heard back yet won't be accepted. Who knows what their process for that is; all that is left to do is wait... 

4 hours ago, BuddingMagnolia said:

I got waitlisted for that program on Feb 2! I emailed them asking about where/why I was placed on the waitlist, purely out of curiosity because it is my dream program and I feel like I put my entire soul into that application lol. They responded the next day saying that I put forth a very competitive application, but didn't say much else other than that I would hear back in 'the next several weeks'. I would say it's been several weeks since then, and the deadline for interviewees to accept offers of admissions is the 24th (or 23rd - late next week). So I'm trying to figure out whether my rejection is being drawn out or if they are going to contact the waitlisted applications after they know who is for sure attending in the Fall.

Did you get to interview with them? Or were you waitlisted without one? 

But - since the deadline is not for another week, there's no reason to think that interviewees that haven't heard back yet won't be accepted. Who knows what their process for that is; all that is left to do is wait... 

I know! Umm I am just very anxious and literally assuming all sorts of things. I only applied to CFT - University of guelph and McMaster University. CFT is not taking students this year and my only option now is MAC! So high hopes.

Do you mind sharing a summary of your education background and work profile? 

14 hours ago, Psychologycafe76 said:

Do you mind sharing a summary of your education background and work profile? 

I was waitlisted for an interview, haven't gotten one yet (sad face). I am majoring in social psych with a minor in psychology, with a 3.96 GPA in my final two years (I had to give them my third year/first semester of fourth year marks since I haven't graduated). I have TA'd for 4 courses, including an undergraduate Counselling and Psychotherapy course, as well as doing research with two institutions, one I got the honour for being named a co-author for the coming publication. I also have done over 100 hours at a crisis line and volunteer with Student Accessibility Services at McMaster!

14 hours ago, Psychologycafe76 said:

I know! Umm I am just very anxious and literally assuming all sorts of things. I only applied to CFT - University of guelph and McMaster University. CFT is not taking students this year and my only option now is MAC! So high hopes.

Yeah, I saw all of the chaos over the CFT program and was really happy I didn't apply there. I'm in the same boat though - trying to keep my fingers crossed while simultaneously googling 'what to do with your life if you don't get into grad school right away' lmao

I have been accepted off the waitlist at U of C's M.Sc Counselling Psychology program! If there is anyone else on here who is beginning there this fall feel free to DM - or if anyone is heading to Calgary for any program and may be in need of a roommate! I will likely be looking for a roommate myself :)

On 3/20/2022 at 12:57 AM, BuddingMagnolia said:

I was waitlisted for an interview, haven't gotten one yet (sad face). I am majoring in social psych with a minor in psychology, with a 3.96 GPA in my final two years (I had to give them my third year/first semester of fourth year marks since I haven't graduated). I have TA'd for 4 courses, including an undergraduate Counselling and Psychotherapy course, as well as doing research with two institutions, one I got the honour for being named a co-author for the coming publication. I also have done over 100 hours at a crisis line and volunteer with Student Accessibility Services at McMaster!

Wonderful! I hope you hear from MAC soon :) Wishing you all the very best!!