Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

for those who have previously applied / know the answer to this question, if you accept and offer from Mac (that uses graduate studies portal), are you automatically out of the running for any other school that also uses SGS (i.e., OISE)? 
i know it’s like that for law school since you apply through OUAC to all schools at once. I was just wondering if our emails are linked across different applications and if we are pulled out of the running if we accept other offers. Any advice on this would be really appreciated 

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from UOttawa for MA Education for Counselling Psychology. I have heard of a few rejections, but has anyone gotten accepted yet? 

Also has anyone heard back from OISE for Counselling Psych either?

19 hours ago, Counsel_Psyc said:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from UOttawa for MA Education for Counselling Psychology. I have heard of a few rejections, but has anyone gotten accepted yet? 

Also has anyone heard back from OISE for Counselling Psych either?

I got rejected from both programs for Uottawa, but dont know anyone else who got accepted yet. 

For OISE I'm lokey debating on emailing admissions about when they are going to respond back or send offers.

Also, does anyone know if admissions usually checks your socials/linkedin? I wanted to ask because I noticed multiple professors (from schools that I applied to) checking my profile a few weeks ago? This is my first year applying, so I checked reddit, and didn't find anything on this answer.

BTW, the school that those professors were affiliated with was UofT, so I don't know is its a good or bad thing? Does anyone have a similar experience from this cycle or past cycles?

On 3/12/2022 at 5:52 PM, caffeineaddict2606 said:

I got rejected from both programs for Uottawa, but dont know anyone else who got accepted yet. 

For OISE I'm lokey debating on emailing admissions about when they are going to respond back or send offers.

Hi, just wanted to jump in and say that I already contacted OISE admissions and they told me they haven’t even made decision yet and they they will be making them within the upcoming few weeks

4 minutes ago, alexastudent said:

I hope us waitlist for the waitlist people can get some closure or information soon! 

I'm going ahead and assuming rejection at this point ? I'm holding out hope for another waitlist at the moment as well so I've kinda just let the U of A ship sail away hahaha

Guelph emailed me today and ask to complete a Qualtric survey how I want my refund back. 

It seemed that they realized they can't get away with taking our money and misleading us that they can keep it while cancelling the admission for 2022. 

Yeah, good job everyone! It seemed that enough of us complained to make them blink.

Edited by PsychMocha

6 minutes ago, PsychMocha said:

Guelph emailed me today and ask to complete a Qualtric survey how I want my refund back. 

It seemed that they realized they can't get away with taking our money and misleading us that they can keep it while cancelling the admission for 2022. 

Yeah, good job everyone! It seemed that enough of us complained to make the blink.

Are you having trouble opening the link? It keeps saying address Invalid for me? 

21 minutes ago, PsychMocha said:

Yeah, good job everyone! It seemed that enough of us complained to make them blink.

I still just don't believe that they actually made a rejection list before they decided the program wouldn't run. Maybe it's my own bias for thinking oh how could I be rejected, but they claim that 200 people apply each year and 20 get interviews, and I don't think 20 people have been told they have guaranteed interviews for next year. I think they just picked a few to save their reputation so that they could claim people were indeed chosen and others rejected. 

I appreciate the money back, though.

Hey guys, I didn't see a thread for CGSM so I went ahead and made one for 2022-2023 as the deadline is approaching! I thought it would be a useful place to discuss offers and be helpful for those selected for the alternate list to assess chances of getting an award if someone is going to accept/decline! Here is the link: 

4 hours ago, CrypticAngel said:

Do you know when your friend wrote their Casper? Was it in March or January? I wrote mine in March and haven't heard anything from them.

Do you mean the Laurier program?

If yes, then we both gave casper in January and we got our results on Altus in 2-3 weeks.

Her offer email went to her junk btw so gotta keep on checking that. 

Hi caffeineaddict2606,

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes, I meant the MA in spiritual care and psychotherapy at Laurier. I wrote my Casper on March 3rd so I think maybe when one writes the Casper may also impact when the program gets back to them. I'm really trying to be cautiously optimistic, because I have found this whole process so incredibly crushing. I actually only applied to Guelph CFT earlier because of family responsibilities, but decided to apply to Laurier at the last minute. It looks like a really great program, especially since its possible to complete it part-time (which would be really helpful for me as I have young children).