Work Experience:

Tenant union organizer/researcher  

Political advertising lab — machine learning research assistant  

Environmental lobbying org internship 

Volunteer planner on public space redevelopment project

1 year teaching English abroad 

Letter of recommendations: (from whom)

2 professors/advisors, 1 lab supervisor 

Schools applied to: UC Berkeley, UCLA, UNC, Portland State, Pratt, UPenn, UT Austin, MIT

In: UT Austin (awaiting funding), UNC (no merit aid)

Out: UC Berkeley

Wait-list:

Awaiting: UCLA, Portland State, Pratt, UPenn, MIT

Results:

3 hours ago, atlplanner said:

Age/Gender/Citizenship

27/F/USA

Undergraduate degree/School/Year graduated 

BS in Business / top STEM public school / 2018

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.81 GPA, no GRE

Work Experience:

2.5 years working in analytics at 2 Fortune 500 companies and 1 non-profit

2 - undergrad profs

1 - boss from my non-profit experience

1 - senior colleague from my non-profit experience

Schools applied to: Master in Planning at MIT, Penn, Michigan, UNC Chapel Hill, GT

In: GT (awaiting funding), UNC Chapel Hill (offered Teaching Assistantship with stipend, covering first year)

Out:

Wait-list:

Awaiting: MIT, Penn, Michigan

Results:

Also in at UNC!

Edited by atlplanner

@nacohhhhh Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, but I did submit my application and application materials by the Dec. 15 early deadline. I was hoping that that would get me an earlier decision. Oh Well. Thanks again. 

8 hours ago, nacohhhhh said:

Just heard back from UNC! No merit aid, but I know that last year they updated some people’s financial packages later on to give more money, so still hopeful

Also no merit aid. Hope they will still update the financial packages this year!

22 hours ago, atlplanner said:

Age/Gender/Citizenship

27/F/USA

BS in Business / top STEM public school / 2018

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.81 GPA, no GRE

Work Experience:

2.5 years working in analytics at 2 Fortune 500 companies and 1 non-profit

2 - undergrad profs

1 - boss from my non-profit experience

1 - senior colleague from my non-profit experience

Schools applied to: Master in Planning at MIT, Penn, Michigan, UNC Chapel Hill, GT

In: GT (awaiting funding), UNC Chapel Hill (offered merit assistantship), Penn (awaiting funding)

Out:

Wait-list:

Awaiting: MIT, Michigan

Results:

19 hours ago, planningapplicant said:

Still haven't heard from a single Canadian school, even the ones that do rolling admits ? I applied late though, about a week before deadlines so I shouldn't be surprised but man, the wait is killing me haha

Ditto.

Queen's encourages people to apply early and says they have rolling admissions. But their application opened in the fall and I'm not sure if even one admit has gone out yet, so I don't see how they're rolling. Anyone hear from Queen's, Waterloo or U of T?

37 minutes ago, Making other plans said:

Ditto.

Queen's encourages people to apply early and says they have rolling admissions. But their application opened in the fall and I'm not sure if even one admit has gone out yet, so I don't see how they're rolling. Anyone hear from Queen's, Waterloo or U of T?

I also applied to these 3
Haven't heard from any of them...

47 minutes ago, Making other plans said:

Ditto.

9 minutes ago, keyboardranger said:

I also applied to these 3
Haven't heard from any of them...

Yeah, I'm really surprised about Queen's not having sent anything out yet since they do rolling admits. Good to know we're all in the same boat at least! Also waiting on Waterloo. I'd love to hear from the Ontario schools first so I can start looking for housing if I get in to anything because the housing market is rough out there and I know I'll need considerable time to find something affordable, and would like to move before the student rush. Fingers crossed for us! 

In at Cornell MRP

On 2/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, raykiddo97 said:

Age/Gender/Citizenship

25 / M / International

B.Sc in City and Regional Planning / Top Public School in the Country / 2019

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL (for Int'l students) 

3.80 - No GRE - iBT 105; IELTS 8.0

Work Experience:

- 2+ years as project associate, working for 5+ infrastructure-transportation masterplanning projects; 10+ PPP preliminary & feasibility studies for major infrastructure projects; and 1 national-SDGs review project

- 3 years as research associate, exploring social justice, access to basic infrastructure, and topics in informal urbanism

- 4 years as teaching assistant for Quantitative Reasoning, GIS, Infrastructure Planning Studio, and Planning Process Studio

- Internships in a major transportation company in Japan & national authority agency in Turkey

- 1 year as honorary assessor for international accreditation agency 

1 academic advisor-thesis advisor-employer for teaching, research, and project assistanships-dean of the school

1 professor & employer for teaching, research, and project assistanships

1 professor & employer (head of the office)

Schools applied to: MCP Berkeley, MCP UPenn, MRP Cornell, MCP MIT

In: UC Berkeley, Cornell

Out:

Wait-list:

Awaiting: UPenn, MIT

Results:

3 minutes ago, raykiddo97 said:

Congratulations as well! Me neither :( hopefully they will release the info soon

Yeah, now I'm waiting for other universities, btw curious if anyone heard about their Master of Real Estate program? I'm interested in it but not sure if it's worth an extra one year with the MRP

On 2/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, Chinchinchilla said:

Age/Gender/Citizenship

27/M/Int'l

Bachelor of Economics / a top public university/ 2017

MPP / a Midwest university / 2019

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL (for Int'l students) 

3.4 (bachelor and master), V167 Q167 AW4, TOEFL112

Work Experience:

3 yrs of work experience: 1 yr senior data analyst at a city government, 1 yr data engineer at a civic tech startup in urban science, 1 yr consultant in planning at an int'l bank 

One from my manager in the city government, two from master program(a professor who instructed my term paper and I was his TA, another professor I worked with in a geographical science project).

Schools applied to (PhD programs)  UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UW, USC, ASU, Georgia Tech, UMich, Cornell, UNC Chapel Hill, Penn, Rutgers, MIT. 

In: USC

Out: UCLA, UNC Chapel Hill

Wait-list:

Awaiting: UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UW, ASU, Georgia Tech, UMich, Cornell, UNC Chapel Hill, Penn, Rutgers, MIT

Results: USC, UCLA, UNC Chapel Hill

Edited by Chinchinchilla

1 hour ago, raykiddo97 said:

In at Cornell MRP

Congratulations! Also received an email from Cornell and no funding.

Also wait for UPenn. I received an email from them saying that the final decision would be made on March 10th, but I found that someone in this thread had already received the offer.

21 minutes ago, LLL666 said:

Congratulations! Also received an email from Cornell and no funding.

Also wait for UPenn. I received an email from them saying that the final decision would be made on March 10th, but I found that someone in this thread had already received the offer.

Congratulations to you as well! I haven't received any email from Penn yet, so thank you for the info! Best of luck to all of us!