Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Thanks for sharing, I guess all we can do is wait some more!

Just emailed Jonathan Akeley for East Asia. Wasn't able to give me any concrete dates but he said that Korea ETA have been released early to mid April (just like last year's spreadsheet) so I guess we have only a few more weeks to go...

Just wanted to let all Norway applicants out there know, I just called Rachel and she said "we are mailing some Norway letters today"!! Hopefully some of us will be hearing the news early next week!!

AHH can't stand the waiting!!

YES!!! I am so excited!! I live in WA so I will probably be the last to receive my letter.... but still, I'm so glad they aren't sending them out next week. :)

YES!!! I am so excited!! I live in WA so I will probably be the last to receive my letter.... but still, I'm so glad they aren't sending them out next week. :)

I know!!! Fingers crossed that we both get the Fulbright!!!!! :) I'll let you know as soon as I get my letter from them!! I am in Miami, so it should not take too long mail tends to get here pretty quickly from the Northeast!

Edited by Norway2011

I know!!! Fingers crossed that we both get the Fulbright!!!!! :) I'll let you know as soon as I get my letter from them!! I am in Miami, so it should not take too long mail tends to get here pretty quickly from the Northeast!

Awesome! I really hope we both get it too!! Thanks!

I don't know what this means , but Dukepress sent a tweet on the 24th Of March saying: "Congrats! MT @cmcgranahan: got Fulbright for new project: Refugees & Citizenship: Tibetan Practices of Pol. Subjectivity in Postcol. India"

But to me it seems to imply that some people have already been notified that they have won a Fulbright award to India?

I don't know what this means , but Dukepress sent a tweet on the 24th Of March saying: "Congrats! MT @cmcgranahan: got Fulbright for new project: Refugees & Citizenship: Tibetan Practices of Pol. Subjectivity in Postcol. India"

But to me it seems to imply that some people have already been notified that they have won a Fulbright award to India?

looks like the person they're tweeting about is a prof, and fulbrights for faculty are separate from the student ones. i'm not sure if they'd be on the same schedule or not.

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one obsessing over hearing about getting accepted or not! Driving me crazy... I am a finalist for the Indonesia ETA program. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi roland4102,

I applied to the Indonesia ETA program. Did you enter your information into the spreadsheet?

I did, my name is Lauren on there. Did you put your info on there as well? I saw that last year whoever got accepted found out via email first, so I'm assuming it will be the same this year hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks.

Hi roland4102,

I applied to the Indonesia ETA program. Did you enter your information into the spreadsheet?

I did, my name is Lauren on there. Did you put your info on there as well? I saw that last year whoever got accepted found out via email first, so I'm assuming it will be the same this year hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks.

Yes, I did. I'm listed under S on the spreadsheet. I hope notifications will go out soon. I was told about a month ago by the program manager that in past years notifications went out mid to late April. Have you tried emailing the program manager? I'd email and ask again, but I've already done it before.

Do you guys think there is any pattern for mailing these things out? Or do you think it is a random mix of acceptances/alternates/rejected? I can't really tell from the sheet and some people say they do acceptances first and some say they do rejections first.. hmmmm

Ugh, had my first GradCafe dream last night... someone posted a complicated phone number that we could use to check our decisions, and a bizarre person on the other end told me cryptically that I had gotten the ETA and also a merit scholarship (which doesn't make any sense). Anyway, when I realized it wasn't real and woke up, I was a VERY unhappy camper :)

I have not emailed the program manager...Is it Jonathan Akeley? I will definitely email whoever it is.

Yes, I did. I'm listed under S on the spreadsheet. I hope notifications will go out soon. I was told about a month ago by the program manager that in past years notifications went out mid to late April. Have you tried emailing the program manager? I'd email and ask again, but I've already done it before.

I also live in WA (STATE)!! Yeah! But yeah, mail will take its sweet time getting here ... ugh.

Also, yay Washington! I'm originally from Spokane but have been going to school in Chicago.

Ugh, had my first GradCafe dream last night... someone posted a complicated phone number that we could use to check our decisions, and a bizarre person on the other end told me cryptically that I had gotten the ETA and also a merit scholarship (which doesn't make any sense). Anyway, when I realized it wasn't real and woke up, I was a VERY unhappy camper :)

Lol I did that about a week ago... I dreamt I got the acceptence, woke up VERY happy, realized it was just a dream, went back to sleep and dreamed the same thing again. I hope twice in a row counts toward the more prophetic side of dreams...

Also, Yay for the large amount of washingtonians! I live in oregon now, but originally I am from Olympia WA!

I'm an ETA finalist for Morocco...is anyone else in the same boat? Also does anyone have any idea when to expect to hear for Morocco? (AKA roughly what month).

Good luck to all!

Same boat here!

Hoping to hear something soon because I need to let some PhD programs know whats going on.

Edited by flashinglights

Same boat here!

Hoping to hear something soon because I need to let some PhD programs know whats going on.

I'm an ETA finalist for Morocco too! I e-mailed J. Jones a few days ago and he responded saying decisions were still pending but he hopes to be able to send them out within the month...

Hello. Any German ETA or Austria ETA's heard of a notification date?

HOG, in the same boat here-- last year Germany ETAs heard back March 22nd, so should be any day now, and Austria was in the beginning of April. I e-mailed Cara Doble on Germany and she just said to "be patient" :)

HOG, in the same boat here-- last year Germany ETAs heard back March 22nd, so should be any day now, and Austria was in the beginning of April. I e-mailed Cara Doble on Germany and she just said to "be patient" :)

Thanks! I wish patience was a virtue I possessed. :)