Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Does he mean most candidates to a specific region, or most in general?

Also does he mean ETAs and Full Grants (since it seems like they send them out at different times) and by "towards the end of the week" does he mean Thursday?

I just received yet another e-mail notifying me that IIE has not received my official transcript - the second transcript I had ordered for them. WTF is going on with the IIE mailroom?

I've been told that they already have my decision. At this point, no transcript = no notification. I'm about to go "Incredible Hulk" on someone...

Make sure your school is printing the address correctly. I've had that happen before. My school had problems with certain addresses because the address had too many lines or something.

I just wanted to let everyone who is going crazy waiting for their letters that I received mine in the mail today. I will be researching in Madrid, Spain!!!!

So yes, some of the Spain full grant letters have been mailed! Good luck to everyone.

Now, to find a roommate! :rolleyes:

OMG! I was already on my way to the post office when I read this and I suddenly had a very heavy lead foot... :# And there was nothing there. Tomorrow I hopes.... Oh man the anxiety just went up like 10 fold...

Hi all,

So I've been lurking on here for quite a while but this is my first post. Just got ma letter that I got an ETA grant for Spain. Feel amazing - only thing is it doesn't tell you where you'll be or when you start or any other details... so more waiting, but much less agonizing :-) - Any other Spain ETA people hear back yet?

I got selected for a Full grant to Macedonia! I can't believe the news came today. I was trying to put it out of my head for a few more days and then my wife called me and told me to come home! I will update the spreadsheet.

FYI Spain folks - I called Rachel 'cause I wanted to make sure the letters for my program were sent out (I applied for the MBA program, so i didnt' want to be sitting here all worked up only to find out that because it is a specialized program they weren't sent out with the other letters). anyways she said Spain letters were sent out on Friday. I'm in Oregon and I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm hoping tomorrow!

Has Jonathan Akeley indicated to anyone when the rest of the notifications might be sent out for the East Asia & Pacific region? I know he hasn't been super reliable about responding to emails but I was hoping that maybe he had given someone an idea.

Also does he mean ETAs and Full Grants (since it seems like they send them out at different times) and by "towards the end of the week" does he mean Thursday?

Okay, here is the text of the email -

I hope to be able to issue hard copy notification letters (via the U.S. Postal Service) by the end of this week for most of the candidates to Sub-Saharan Africa.

Regards,

Jermaine Jones

Program Manager, Africa and the Middle East

U.S. Student Programs

He definitely leaves a lot to be wondered. I would imagine that they are going to start sending both ETA and Full. Does someone want to follow up with him mid-week?

Does anyone understand the Medical clearance papers? Forgive me for being an idiot, but when it says recommended if over 40, that means that I don't have to do it, right? I just think it'd be a bit ridiculous to get a mammogram at the tender age of 21...

Does anyone understand the Medical clearance papers? Forgive me for being an idiot, but when it says recommended if over 40, that means that I don't have to do it, right? I just think it'd be a bit ridiculous to get a mammogram at the tender age of 21...

No, you don't have to get a mammogram. And I didn't get a mammogram (but I'm a guy ...) lol. Just do what's in your age range.

Someone messed up the spreadsheet somehow where the columns aren't sorting without bring the appropriate informations from the other rows with them. It says I applied to France, which is definitely not true. CrimsonEngineer, can you save us from our own foolishness?

The notification dates for Indonesia on the spreadsheet do not look correct. Did something happen?

Does anyone know anyone else who is an alternate for Indonesia that is not listed?

A huge congrats to you both for getting the full grant to India! I'm wondering how long it'll take to get all the way to Hawaii... would you mind posting where you guys are located?

Edited by srasnak

A huge congrats to you both for getting the full grant to India! I'm still waiting on my letter... would you mind posting where you guys are located?

i'm in new york city. the letter was postmarked 4/8/2011. if they told me that letters were ready on friday, i would have gone over there to pick it up!

Someone messed up the spreadsheet somehow where the columns aren't sorting without bring the appropriate informations from the other rows with them. It says I applied to France, which is definitely not true. CrimsonEngineer, can you save us from our own foolishness?

Fixed! I saw someone had tried to change the sorting. I had to revert back to some spreadsheet from 3ish. Sorry. So just re-enter information and check everything! Thanks guys.

What was up with the spreadsheet just now? I just saw 1 alternate to Spain jump to 15 accepted to Spain...take it that it was some sort of accident or someone messing with it?

oh I hope you get it, I just am wondering with all of the news there. I say you request to come to UAE, with me (God Willing). It's nearby, another awesome Khaleji area and really stable.

Have you been glued to the news about the region? I have but I also love journalism, news, AJE, and all that.

Did you apply for the CLEA?

I too wait, with anticipation :) Oh notifications, please don't take TOO long. Honestly, I'm trying to resign myself to expecting it in the beginning of June.

OK-so for that, I meant to quote the original post about the rejection for Bahrain. But I'm sure you guys got it, anyway. :)

Reading what you guys wrote is depressing! I mean, I'm definitely keeping up with the situation over there, but seeing other people in my situation (or at least a similar one) talk about it is just depressing. I keep telling myself that if there are problems in Bahrain when the grant time rolls around, maybe they'll send me to Oman! (where I would have applied if an ETA existed there...)

wait wait wait wait wait