aud_hopeful6

1 minute ago, speechie97 said:

Waitlisted for Audi at Western!! Apparently they only received 147 applicants so I am hoping I end up securing a spot...good luck everyone :) 

Hey! :)

I am also waitlisted for Western Audiology.

Im surprised they received less applications this year. 

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I was just admitted into Western! I have decided to give up my AuD-PhD combined program offer from a US university to accept the western offer, because I prefer to live in Canada.

Honestly say I am confident about my background and this offer is within my expectation (although I felt super worried last month, too!!!) I have a research master (thesis track) degree in linguistics at a Canadian university, undergrad GPA of 3.97, all grad courses in A, A+ or A-. and 100 hours of CSD volunteering experiences. Last year I got into AUD at Dalhousie (thesis track) and PhD in linguistics at U of Toronto. I quitted PhD to apply again for the AuD programs this year. This year I also got admitted into an AuD-PhD combined program at a US University with full funding and full tuition waiver.

I hope people who are on the waitlist can get a place soon! Finger crossed for you!!! Good luck!

Edited by AUDLinguist

Just heard back from Janet and I’m in the 3rd quadrant of the waitlist. Does anyone know how many people are in each quadrant and on the waitlist in total? i think I read from previous years forums that the waitlist is around 35 and there are 4 quadrants?? 

5 minutes ago, Audi2024 said:

Super grateful to have just received a conditional offer from UBC. I'll likely be declining my offer from Western, so hopefully that'll add some movement to the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Wow huge congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

4 hours ago, Audi2024 said:

Super grateful to have just received a conditional offer from UBC. I'll likely be declining my offer from Western, so hopefully that'll add some movement to the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

i just accepted my offer as well! is there a group chat?

14 hours ago, damaei said:

did anyone hear back from dal yet?

I still havent received anything from them ?

Nothing yet! Maybe next week? I’m doubtful they would send anything on the weekend

14 hours ago, damaei said:

I still havent received anything from them ?

I’m in the same boat! Still haven’t received any word from Dal. Last year I heard about the waitlist on April 8th. Fingers crossed we’ll hear by next week!  

On 4/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, damaei said:

I still haven't received anything from them ?

I also haven't heard from dal, however some people received acceptances before they even acknowledged receiving my application, so I think they are genuinely making their way through the pile!

On 4/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, Audioker2794 said:

I also haven't heard from dal, however some people received acceptances before they even acknowledged receiving my application, so I think they are genuinely making their way through the pile!

When did you get your acknowledgement email? I heard there were a lot of applications for SLP this year so maybe there were a lot for audiology as well since they waived the GRE!