2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

Friday still has several hours left here, but yeah, I was expecting more news today. I haven't lost the faith of hearing something from NYU today, though.

Here I am two hours ahead of Eastern time and on other days I have received notifications at the end of the day.

(I forgot quoting @scared_phd here)

Edited by Avocado_town

26 minutes ago, REGISTERONRAINYDAY said:

So can we conclude that Yale has not released results yet? Last year some Yale acceptances were posted on early Feburary but most of the results, both acceptances and rejections came together on Feb 22. So are those early acceptances trolls? Or it's the way Yale releases results: first some early acceptance and than the rest of the results...

I think those results are fake. I checked last year's thread and people were dicussing the auntenticity of those early Feb results and it seems that nobody claimed them. It seems that the same thing is happening this year ?.

BTW, people were already on page 63 of the forum last year on February 4!

Edited by Avocado_town

Hi, everyone!

A long lurker to the forum and results page.

I've notified the University of Minnesota that I'll be declining my offer and the University of Virginia that I'd like to be taken off of the waiting list (IR for both).

Hope this helps substantively and intangibly for those in the waiting game. Hang in there!

44 minutes ago, Avocado_town said:

I think those results are fake. I checked last year's thread and people were dicussing the auntenticity of those early Feb results and it seems that nobody claimed them. It seems that the same thing is happening this year ?.

BTW, people were already on page 63 of the forum last year on February 4!

Guess we have to step up our anxiety game. Or schools need to step up their releasing game?

2 hours ago, Bosox said:

Hi, everyone!

A long lurker to the forum and results page.

I've notified the University of Minnesota that I'll be declining my offer and the University of Virginia that I'd like to be taken off of the waiting list (IR for both).

Hope this helps substantively and intangibly for those in the waiting game. Hang in there!

Hey, thanks for letting us know. Can you comment where were your other acceptances? 

Also, how did you declined de offer? I'm planning to decline some of mine but I don't have a clue how to politely do that LOL Thanks

2 hours ago, LatinAmericanFootball said:

Guess we have to step up our anxiety game. Or schools need to step up their releasing game?

I'm in. Woohoo! Anxiety FTW.

At least it's weekend now and I don't have to reload browser windows religiously for two days. 

Both slack and discord work for me! I think a chat platform is good because 1) we can chat in a less formal way to make each other feel better in this long wait, and 2) we can connect better there. The Inbox system on grad cafe is super user-unfriendly. 

This being said, we definitely should continue to post questions and stuff here. Chats move too fast and will likely drown important questions/comments. 
These are just some of my thoughts...I just want a space to chat with others. 

15 minutes ago, zoooxu said:

Both slack and discord work for me! I think a chat platform is good because 1) we can chat in a less formal way to make each other feel better in this long wait, and 2) we can connect better there. The Inbox system on grad cafe is super user-unfriendly. 

This being said, we definitely should continue to post questions and stuff here. Chats move too fast and will likely drown important questions/comments. 

Just send you a DM - check it out!

29 minutes ago, zoooxu said:

I definitely agree that a less formal messaging platform would do us good! 

Congrats on your UC Davis acceptances!!! We created a discord page - just the three of us talking right now. DM me if you are interested. 

I don't want to be rude to the forum by posting the link here.