2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

11 hours ago, hawnsay said:

They received nearly 100 apps and five offers of admission have been made so far. I might not be updated on a final decision for another month or two. Apparently my they found my app to be very strong, may be able to offer me a slot, and if so, they'd be thrilled for me to join this fall. That basically summarizes the entirety of the email.

Cool - Thank you very much. Are you planning on attending? I see you've been accepted in Missouri too? 

Claiming an acceptance from UW-Seattle. 

I was a long-time lurker of this forum with some problem with my confirmation email. :S

I also got an offer from UGA on Jan. with the much lower stipend & fellowship, while my fit with my POI seems stronger than UW.... 
Waiting for the visiting event for each school to weigh my options. 

2 hours ago, cest_la_vie said:

I was a long-time lurker of this forum with some problem with my confirmation email. :S

I also got an offer from UGA on Jan. with the much lower stipend & fellowship, while my fit with my POI seems stronger than UW.... 

Congrats!!

2 hours ago, cest_la_vie said:

Congrats! How did UW notify you? 

7 hours ago, smallcrown said:

Cool - Thank you very much. Are you planning on attending? I see you've been accepted in Missouri too? 

Hypothetically, if I am accepted at UGA and nowhere else, I would most likely go there. It’s a better research fit for me than Mizzou.

5 hours ago, cest_la_vie said:

Be sure to do some math about housing costs when trying to compare stipends. Money goes a lot further in Athens than in does in Seattle. 

6 hours ago, cest_la_vie said:

Congrats!! Still holding onto hope for UW on my end :')

Just now, XiPeepee said:

I didn't upload my result but I was accepted. Emailed to check portal. 

So I'm assuming no acceptance or rejection at this point means... waitlist? Maybe?

Welp. Anyone claiming the UNC acceptance? If so I think I can safely assume rejection. UNC typically sends rejections at the beginning of March.

Edited by bmo103