Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

11 hours ago, TangentTam said:

I also want to know the update!!! I REALLY like that program. I saw a post of interview on the result page three days ago but I haven't seen more posts and debates. BTW, I am an international student. I once contacted a POI there and he said the review process began on the second week of December. I don't know if they have sent all the invitations and I got a silent rej. The app page stated that the virtual interview is on 12/13 Jan. If you have heard anything, plz let me know! Thanks!

Hey! I talked to a PI who's on the committee. Unfortunately, all invitations have been sent out, which means no interview so far equals a silent rejection... Stay positive though, I believe you will get into a great program eventually! (These words are to myself as well!)

9 hours ago, shuaizh117 said:

Hey! I talked to a PI who's on the committee. Unfortunately, all invitations have been sent out, which means no interview so far equals a silent rejection... Stay positive though, I believe you will get into a great program eventually! (These words are to myself as well!)

Is this for WUSTL's DBBS-immunology track particularly, or for all other tracks too? I'd mailed the Neuro admissions-coordinator to ask, but haven't received a reply. I'm assuming it's a silent reject at this point. :( 

Also, anyone with a Vanderbilt-IGP interview invite: when did you submit your application? I'm just trying to gauge if the later submissions (Nov 30, lol!) might still be under review...?

9 hours ago, neurathetical said:

Is this for WUSTL's DBBS-immunology track particularly, or for all other tracks too? I'd mailed the Neuro admissions-coordinator to ask, but haven't received a reply. I'm assuming it's a silent reject at this point. :( 

Also, anyone with a Vanderbilt-IGP interview invite: when did you submit your application? I'm just trying to gauge if the later submissions (Nov 30, lol!) might still be under review...?

Hey! That's for Immunology track only. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, MindyMermaid said:

Does anyone know when Scripps will begin sending invites? If I remember correctly, they’re usually out by now 

I'm guessing they are not out yet but might begin coming in next week (that's just my observation from what I've seen on the results posting page). I am waiting for them too!

On 12/23/2021 at 11:29 AM, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Did anyone hear back from MIT Biology and UCLA Gene Regulation, Epigenomics and Transcriptomics (GREAT)?

I heard back on monday the 20th for UCLA GREAT

Hi all,

I have been refreshing this page every hour for the last 1 month and would like to update my stats.

International student with a US Masters degree, worked for 2 years in a research lab in academia, then another 1.5 years in a small R and D company. 1 review paper (co-first author), 1 research paper (middle author) published, 1 research paper (second author) in revision. 3 strong LORs; two from academic lab, 1 from industry. 

Applied (9 schools): UNC BBSP, Vanderbilt IGP, UPenn BGS CAMB, Duke MGM, Emory MMG, UVA BIMS, UMD MOCB, UW-Madison MDTP, Cornell Microbiology

Interview (5 schools): Emory MMG (in-person), UVA BIMS (virtual), UMD MOCB (virtual prelim 30-min), UW-Madison MDTP (virtual followed by visit), Cornell Microbiology (virtual)

Rejects: None till now

Fingers crossed for the other 4 schools. Good luck and Happy holidays to you all!

1 hour ago, Hostmicrobe said:

Hi all,

I have been refreshing this page every hour for the last 1 month and would like to update my stats.

International student with a US Masters degree, worked for 2 years in a research lab in academia, then another 1.5 years in a small R and D company. 1 review paper (co-first author), 1 research paper (middle author) published, 1 research paper (second author) in revision. 3 strong LORs; two from academic lab, 1 from industry. 

Applied (9 schools): UNC BBSP, Vanderbilt IGP, UPenn BGS CAMB, Duke MGM, Emory MMG, UVA BIMS, UMD MOCB, UW-Madison MDTP, Cornell Microbiology

Interview (5 schools): Emory MMG (in-person), UVA BIMS (virtual), UMD MOCB (virtual prelim 30-min), UW-Madison MDTP (virtual followed by visit), Cornell Microbiology (virtual)

Rejects: None till now

Fingers crossed for the other 4 schools. Good luck and Happy holidays to you all!

@Hostmicrobedo you know somehow if Cornell micro will keep sending invitations?

23 minutes ago, Arandavia said:

@Hostmicrobedo you know somehow if Cornell micro will keep sending invitations?

@Arandavia Unfortunately, I do not know about that. I saw one more person besides me posting about interview from Cornell Microbio on the results section. I got a call asking if I'm free on the specific date in Feb. When I asked for more details, they said they'll send an email with details later in Jan. Since most of the schools send out invitations on rolling basis, I'd say there's still hope. Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Hostmicrobe said:

@Arandavia Unfortunately, I do not know about that. I saw one more person besides me posting about interview from Cornell Microbio on the results section. I got a call asking if I'm free on the specific date in Feb. When I asked for more details, they said they'll send an email with details later in Jan. Since most of the schools send out invitations on rolling basis, I'd say there's still hope. Good luck!

@Hostmicrobeif you don’t mind to share, when did you submit your app?

International student here, anybody heard from USC Keck PIBBS, UCSB BMSE, or UCSD/SDSU Cell Mol Bio?

Stats: Oxford Uni B.S./M.S. Biochemistry, GPA 3.5 equivalent, very little research experience but I can say I've tried.

Very nervous about USC as it's become my fave program, but all these programs had later deadlines - USC was 12/8, UCSB 12/15, UCSD/SDSU 12/22 so I'm not sure when they will send out interview invites.

Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Phaacologywoz said:

Hey! I got an invite from UGA on 22th for ILS. But, I don’t know if they sent them all at once or on a rolling admission. 

Are you an international student as well? I contacted a gradco who said domestic students are invited first. However, I did apply pretty early so it's making me anxious from not hearing back at all.

Wondering if anyone has heard from MIT Biology and Harvard Immunology? I don't think they have sent anything out yet and I believe MIT won't until mid Jan.

Applied: MIT Biology, Harvard Immunology, BU PiBS

Invited: UMass Morningside (12/20), Tufts Immunology (12/23)

Rejected: