Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

16 minutes ago, k626 said:

Duke MGM is doing their first round of interviews Jan 13-14 (insider info). I don't know about the next set. Good luck!

@k626 Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know if they are done sending out all interview invites? I haven't heard anything from them. 

1 hour ago, Yin Lee said:

Thank you for your reply. I was also thinking that it was too early for them to have sent an invite since their application was not due until Dec 8th, but you never know. I just emailed them too, so if I hear anything I will post it here.

Wishing you lots of interviews and acceptances!

Good luck to you too!

10 minutes ago, Hostmicrobe said:

@k626 Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know if they are done sending out all interview invites? I haven't heard anything from them. 

I'm sorry I do not!! I will try to get some information! 

31 minutes ago, k626 said:

Duke MGM is doing their first round of interviews Jan 13-14 (insider info). I don't know about the next set. Good luck!

I emailed the program coordinator. Apparently they don’t know for sure if they will have a second round but they say likely yes.

1 minute ago, Starfleet Scientist said:

I'm also waiting... Have yet to hear anything from Yale BQBS. Will update once I know something. 

I emailed the admissions office yesterday and they said that "The application review process is still underway, and invitations for on-campus interviews will be sent very soon."

32 minutes ago, pozix said:

I emailed the admissions office yesterday and they said that "The application review process is still underway, and invitations for on-campus interviews will be sent very soon."

Thank you for that update. 

Edited by Starfleet Scientist

On 12/18/2021 at 7:49 PM, m114rh.02 said:

To those who have received interviews from UChicago Molecular Biosciences, can I ask what track you applied to? I applied to the Human Genetics track and I'm wondering if I should still hold out hope. And congrats to all with interviews so far!

Just want to bump this up again- has anyone heard from UChicago specifically in the Human Genetics track (in the Molecular Biosciences program)??

20 hours ago, lowkey_surviver said:

anyone who received an interview invite from UVA BIMS, did they send you a tentative interview schedule?

I have not received a schedule yet, and they didn't reply to my email about which faculty I'd like to meet with, which I'm slightly concerned about but maybe they're just busy??

49 minutes ago, pozix said:

that’s exactly what they said when i emailed them in december.. 

but thank you for the info!!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience - I've sent my faculty lists to two program coordinators and they didn't reply to those emails. Should I be concerned that they didn't receive them, or is that normal??

1 minute ago, lowkey_surviver said:

i filled out the questionnaire and haven’t heard anything ever since.

I'm guessing they just don't have time, but it doesn't make me feel very confident!

hi all, happy new year! wondering if anybody is in a similar situation but since submitting my apps, our lab just had a paper accepted which i'm a co-author on. so i'd like the admissions committee to know of this update. should i email the program directors or program coordinators, and is this an appropriate email to send while awaiting interview invites from those schools? thanks! 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:03 AM, MediaMonkey said:

Hi All! Since many of us may have interviews coming up, I thought it'd be helpful to share tips or experiences. Like what questions to be prepared for or anything else. I've heard that you're most likely to be asked about your research experience at broad. I'm sure its different from school to school and program to program, but any other thoughts?

Know your research project in and out so it shows that you led the project and you weren't just an observer. They want to know that even if your role was small in the research, that you understood why they were doing those sets of experiments and which questions they were trying to answer. I believe they care more about how much you knew about your PI's research than how talented you were at research as an undergrad. One of the things a grad admission person kept saying is they want to know that you know what you're getting yourself into and that you're sure you want to be a part of it. 

44 minutes ago, tano7567 said:

I have not received a schedule yet, and they didn't reply to my email about which faculty I'd like to meet with, which I'm slightly concerned about but maybe they're just busy??

I emailed them with a list of faculty members who I'd like to meet (I replied to the email I received), a week after the interview invite email and I got a reply saying thank you for the names. I also received another mass email asking if my address was the same as entered in the form coz they want to send a gift for interviewing with them. I know they have rolling interviews, mine is Jan 13-14 which is why I might have received the email earlier (just a guess). But I'm pretty sure they'll respond. 

4 minutes ago, Hostmicrobe said:

I emailed them with a list of faculty members who I'd like to meet (I replied to the email I received), a week after the interview invite email and I got a reply saying thank you for the names. I also received another mass email asking if my address was the same as entered in the form coz they want to send a gift for interviewing with them. I know they have rolling interviews, mine is Jan 13-14 which is why I might have received the email earlier (just a guess). But I'm pretty sure they'll respond. 

Okay, thank you! I chose the interview date in February, so I won't stress about it yet. I did receive that mass email too. I'll probably send a follow-up email to the program administrator just to be safe. 

1 minute ago, tano7567 said:

Okay, thank you! I chose the interview date in February, so I won't stress about it yet. I did receive that mass email too. I'll probably send a follow-up email to the program administrator just to be safe. 

In that case, it might be because they are busy. The program administrator was supposed to be sending us the agenda for Jan 13-14 interviews but that hasn't been sent yet too. 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:07 AM, Nata20 said:

Hey, did you get an email or a website update? I never heard back from them yet, so I'm expecting a silent rejection... Also, do you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

Hey, I received an email. Checking the website still only says submitted. I submitted my app a couple days before the deadline.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:27 PM, 123cheese said:

Have you heard anything from them? I attended an open house and asked if they would be reviewing on a rolling basis and if I remember correctly, they said they reviewed all applications in December. 

Hi I just got the interview invite for Sinai, but no clue how they're rolling them out or anything