Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

18 hours ago, koala52 said:

Does anyone have info on BU PiBS or Tufts CMDB program? I'm still waiting on results 

i set up my interview for BU PiBS for late january, they offered three different interview dates if i remember correctly. i think one was in early february, so maybe it's still possible they send out invites?? good luck! 

Edited by alphacarbon

Just now, koala52 said:

I emailed the directors of both programs, and they both said they're still reviewing apps! BU PiBS said more invitations will be sent out "most likely sometime this week." 

Thanks! Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, lowkey_surviver said:

not sure what to expect at this point..

Gonna hold out hope until the end of business this coming Friday (01/14/2022). If I haven't heard anything by then, I'm just gonna move on. 

On 1/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, MediaMonkey said:

Hi All! Since many of us may have interviews coming up, I thought it'd be helpful to share tips or experiences. Like what questions to be prepared for or anything else. I've heard that you're most likely to be asked about your research experience at broad. I'm sure its different from school to school and program to program, but any other thoughts?

Just to reflect on an interview I had last week with the University of Michigan PCB, here are some things that came up in addition to showing your understanding of past research experience:

• Know your your goals (short term and long term) and how obtaining a PhD will help you achieve them
    • What are you hoping that PhD program will provide to help you reach your goals
  • How can you contribute to inclusion/equity/diversity at that program/university
  • Why did you specifically select that program/university

I'm sure these seem pretty ordinary or expected but hope this feedback brings some people reassurance in their interview prep. Take this with a grain of salt; different programs and institutions may do things differently. This interview felt more like the goal was to see if the program would meet my needs/interests, rather than the other way around.

Hope this helps

1 minute ago, shuaizh117 said:

Waitlisted by BU PiBS as well, wonder if they did this to all the applicants except for those who got interview invites...

Hm that’s a good point I haven’t heard of anyone receiving a rejection from them. That makes me way less hopeful ?