Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

6 hours ago, QWERTYMNB97 said:

Nope. No hope on BU.

I just received an email from BU and they said that all interviews have been sent out. They mentioned that my application is still of interest to them but, it depends on space availability. So please those of you who have been accepted, if you are not intending on attending BU let them know ASAP so that they can offer me and people in my position an offer as well. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, WAF1 said:

Got waitlisted by BU PiBS too… very interesting, I’m wondering if they sent out the waitlist email to all those who didn’t get invited for interview:(

Unfortunately, BU PiBS has historically been known to not sending out rejection emails. Instead, they send out waitlist emails and just leave applicants in limbo forever…Not a huge fan of this style.

1 hour ago, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Did anyone hear back from MIT Biology yet? 

I received an invite on Friday last week, but I am unsure if they will be sending out more invites. The interview dates provided were February 12-13 and February 26-27. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Macrophage24 said:

I’ve only heard of people getting unofficial email from PIs but I don’t think anyone’s been contacted by the admissions committee yet

I think they sent out all invites. An official email went out on Friday to sign up for interview days (Jan 31-Feb 1 or Feb 14-15). 

8 hours ago, BlondeScience said:

I received an interview invite for their Florida campus this morning! It's February 10th-13th

Nice!! I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. Still waiting on both Cali & FL campuses for Scripps.

Applied: UNC BBSP, Duke Neurobio, Wake Forest Neuro, Scripps, University of Florida, UColorado Anschutz, Dartmouth, Univ MN, and UNMC.

Invited: UNC BBSP (12/19/21), UF (12/21/21), Wake Forest (12/22/2021)

Rejected:

Accepted:

On 1/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, biomedtrack112 said:

I saw that Temple is still accepting applications, does anyone know of any other schools that are still accepting apps? 

University of Nebraska Medical Center is still accepting apps until Feb 1st, i think. Their program coordinator is super helpful and offers appointments for questions via zoom. I applied there and am waiting to hear back. They do two rounds of interview invites - one after the Jan 1 deadline and one after the Feb 1st final deadline.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, restingmicroglia said:

Has anyone heard from UF - Genetics and Genomics, USF - Cancer Bio, University of Miami - PiBS? 

I got an interview invite from UF's Neuroscience program on 12/21/21. Best of luck with the apps!

Anyone know if Northwestern DGP is still sending interview invites? I know they start interviews this week so I think it might be a silent reject at this point. I emailed admissions last week and received no response.

Applied (11): UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, University of Virginia BIMS, Columbia CMBS, UChicago Molecular Biosciences, Boston University PiBS, UPenn CAMB, Mt. Sinai Biomedical Sciences, Northwestern DGP, Tufts GSBS, NYU Vilcek, Jefferson GGCB

Interview (6): UNC BBSP, UVA BIMS, UPenn CAMB, Columbia CMBS, Tufts GSBS, Jefferson GGCB

Rejected (2): Mt. Sinai, BU PiBS (waitlist)

Accepted:

Edited by m114rh.02

On 12/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, QWERTYMNB97 said:

I emailed JHU two days back asking about the status but got no reply. I saw in the results that they have started sending invites for BCMB Program. So hoping for some updates from CMM soon.

Hey, have they ever got back to you with a response?

19 minutes ago, Nata20 said:

Hey, have they ever got back to you with a response?

I got an email today morning saying the applications are under review. Please check status in application status page. But it seems to be a generic email.

10 hours ago, funnybadger said:

University of Nebraska Medical Center is still accepting apps until Feb 1st, i think. Their program coordinator is super helpful and offers appointments for questions via zoom. I applied there and am waiting to hear back. They do two rounds of interview invites - one after the Jan 1 deadline and one after the Feb 1st final deadline.

Hey! When did you apply? I applied on Jan 3 and they said my application is scheduled to be reviewed in the first week of Feb. Yes. The coordinator is very helpful!