Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

1 hour ago, m114rh.02 said:

Has anyone heard from UNC BBSP yet? I saw one acceptance in the results page but wondering if anyone else has received an acceptance following the first interview weekend (Jan 27-28).

I interviewed for UNC BBSP that weekend and I got my official acceptance last week (Feb 4th). I believe they do rolling admissions so that may play into it too.

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin CMB PhD program after your interview?

Noticed that about two days ago the status page changed : Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review. WTF? Forwarded now? I am an international applicant and already finished interview with international committee chair at Jan.04.

5 hours ago, CancerPatho said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin CMB PhD program after your interview?

Noticed that about two days ago the status page changed : Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review. WTF? Forwarded now? I am an international applicant and already finished interview with international committee chair at Jan.04.

Hello. I was interviewed by a faculty member on January 6 and still have not received any result. Was the interview with international commettee chair your second interview? I mean compared to interview with just a faculty member it must have been a second one. Also, where are you from? I am from Russia. 

On 2/7/2022 at 3:02 PM, Nata20 said:

Guys do you think that if I haven't heard anything from some of the programs I applied to this point I should just assume rejection? I heard nothing from Mayo MPET, USC PIBBS, Scripps and JHU CMM since I submitted my application. I am so ready to accept my offer from Northwestern but I just feel like I'm kind of seeking validation lol. I see no point in waiting any longer if those schools are going to reject me in a month or so. So yeah, any advice is much appreciated!!

By the way, have any of you already accepted your offers from your schools? 

I emailed Scripps with a question and received an answer that within nex 1-2 weeks there will be update...but it was more than 20 days ago and still nothing...

4 hours ago, SergeiRO said:

Hello. I was interviewed by a faculty member on January 6 and still have not received any result. Was the interview with international commettee chair your second interview? I mean compared to interview with just a faculty member it must have been a second one. Also, where are you from? I am from Russia. 

Hi, that interview was the only interview I had. The international committee chair said no more interviews after that :)

Did your application status change as 'Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.' a few days ago?

13 minutes ago, CancerPatho said:

Hi, that interview was the only interview I had. The international committee chair said no more interviews after that :)

Did your application status change as 'Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.' a few days ago?

I now have this status, but honestly I dont remember my previous status and can not say for sure if it has changed.

3 hours ago, RegenApp said:

Anyone else get that accidental email from Weill BCMB this morning meant for faculty? Also, any of those lucky 59 know who they are yet?

Hi~ I had my interview day on 27th Jan at IMP Weill Cornell but I haven’t received anything yet. Could I know what is that”accidental email” for? And how do you know there would be 59 positions? I tried to ask the faculty during the interview but didn’t get anything… Thanks! 
BTW, has anyone heard from IMP? 

22 minutes ago, TangentTam said:

Hi~ I had my interview day on 27th Jan at IMP Weill Cornell but I haven’t received anything yet. Could I know what is that”accidental email” for? And how do you know there would be 59 positions? I tried to ask the faculty during the interview but didn’t get anything… Thanks! 
BTW, has anyone heard from IMP? 

It was for faculty, thanking them for interviewing applicants and saying 59 offers were going to be made today. Second email followed a couple minutes later saying that the email wasn’t for us and to ignore it. I think it was BCMB specific though. I wish I knew they weren’t coming today after all, I wouldn’t have bothered refreshing my email every 10 minutes today lol

12 minutes ago, RegenApp said:

It was for faculty, thanking them for interviewing applicants and saying 59 offers were going to be made today. Second email followed a couple minutes later saying that the email wasn’t for us and to ignore it. I think it was BCMB specific though. I wish I knew they weren’t coming today after all, I wouldn’t have bothered refreshing my email every 10 minutes today lol

Thanks! Well, then I guess IMP must have determined the list as well but just haven’t sent the offers. Good luck to you!??

12 hours ago, immunofellow said:

Has anyone heard back from Cedars-Sinai or Rutgers PhD? Sent in my application back in November but no response on either front.

I applied to Rutgers New Brunswick and received interview invite 12/10. Interview dates were 1/28 and 2/11. I chose 1/28 and received acceptance 2/8 

I received a call from Weill IMP the next Monday right after the interview on the 27th saying I got accepted. They also mentioned that the faculty actually met up on Friday after the interview to discuss and finalize their decisions. My official acceptance letter didn’t arrive until now though. I’d maybe reach out to them and ask about your status as they’re very responsive and friendly. Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, Byebyecancer said:

I received a call from Weill IMP the next Monday right after the interview on the 27th saying I got accepted. They also mentioned that the faculty actually met up on Friday after the interview to discuss and finalize their decisions. My official acceptance letter didn’t arrive until now though. I’d maybe reach out to them and ask about your status as they’re very responsive and friendly. Best of luck! 

OMG.....That really kills me.... Could I know if you are an international student? I guess I got silent rejection cause no one tried to reach out to me. Thanks for your update. Congratulations on your acceptance!!! 

17 hours ago, Bestluck2022 said:

I received it too. But I’ve been refreshing the results page and no one updated BCMB result. I’m guessing the 59 offers had not come out. Fingers crossed :(

Looks like a few people received their acceptances this morning. Unfortunately I was not one of them. Hope you had better luck!

6 hours ago, TangentTam said:

OMG.....That really kills me.... Could I know if you are an international student? I guess I got silent rejection cause no one tried to reach out to me. Thanks for your update. Congratulations on your acceptance!!! 

I am an international student but currently living in the US. Also if you are currently outside of the US they might not be able reach you. They said it'd take them awhile to send out all the official acceptance letters so until you receive a rejection letter, don't lose hope just yet.

6 hours ago, Bestluck2022 said:

Thanks for the update! I also didn’t get it. Good luck!

Also did not get any email today...feeling pretty bummed....

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if Columbia is still sending out interviews for CMBS? I saw some people were offered interviews back in December, and this past week I have also seen people get rejections. I have yet to hear anything ?