Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

2 hours ago, carrie922 said:

Don't know if different tracks send out offer at different time, but I just received an offer from Mount sinai. Hope it's helpful and hope you also get in!!

I was on the waitlist and I am wondering if I can do anything at this point. Congrats on your acceptance! Would you mind tell me what is your MTA? Mine is immuno

47 minutes ago, P.B. said:

pat pat, are you still waiting for other programs? I have one more coming this Thursday. Anyway, don't lose hope and good luck to both of us ☘️

I am waiting to hear back from Albert Einstein still, hoping to hear back by the end of the week. Will try to stay positive, good luck to you as well!

46 minutes ago, RegenApp said:

Literally same. I feel like the odds of them pulling off of it is so small, because they overaccept their desired class size. Really heartbroken right now

I feel exactly the same tbh. Being waitlisted always feels like a soft rejection to me. Who knows though, fingers crossed for the both of us!

13 hours ago, TangentTam said:

Hi~Congrats on those who have been accepted by Sinai! Is there anyone waitlist by immuno MTA like me at this point? I am just wondering the chances of removing off the waitlist finally… Do you know any successful cases?????

Same question. Does anyone know if there is any chance that Mount Sinai will accept someone from the waitlist? Also, how long should we hear back from them? I only saw accept and waitlist, so I'm curious if they don't even send any rejection

On 2/10/2022 at 5:58 PM, RegenApp said:

Rutgers Newark or New Brunswick? I got an interview invite at Newark in January and my acceptance Friday 2/4

Hey, what program did you have the interview in Newark? I also have an interview from Newark later January, but don't have any updates until now...

21 hours ago, SergeiRO said:

I had my interview on January 25 and haven't heard anything since then. I am an international student..maybe that is why.

Hi, did you have any updates? for CUNY? I also have an interview on Jan 25th but don't have any updates...

4 minutes ago, sdfty said:

Hi, did you have any updates? for CUNY? I also have an interview on Jan 25th but don't have any updates...

Hello. Today I received an answer from one of the faculty member I was interviewed by. He told me that I am on a waitlist. I also asked if I will be notified before April 15...waiting for an answer.

1 hour ago, SergeiRO said:

Hello. Today I received an answer from one of the faculty member I was interviewed by. He told me that I am on a waitlist. I also asked if I will be notified before April 15...waiting for an answer.

Thanks for he reply. I am an international student, not sure whether it will affect their decision because of the COVID19 things...

12 minutes ago, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Has anyone heard any updates from Stanford Biosciences today for any of the other home areas? I saw three results for Microbiology and Immunology, Biomedical Physics, and Stem Cell Biology on the results thread, but nothing else

Waiting for Structural Biology! If any of the four other people who interviewed with the program hear from them let me know ?

30 minutes ago, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Has anyone heard any updates from Stanford Biosciences today for any of the other home areas? I saw three results for Microbiology and Immunology, Biomedical Physics, and Stem Cell Biology on the results thread, but nothing else

I'm waiting on Chemical and Systems Biology. They interviewd 20 people for 4 spots. I'm going to reach out tomorrow to try and get an update on the selection process. I normally wouldn't do this but I have an acceptance to my second choice school and need to give them my formal response by the 28th/Monday. CSB encouraged us to reach out if we were in this sort of situation.

1 hour ago, greymouse said:

@Stanford Biosciences folks -- I'm waiting on the Biology home program, too -- not sure if any of y'all applied to that one. The waiting game is the worst, esp. since they didn't give us any predictions re: when to expect a reply... :')

for cancer bio, they interviewed 36 with 12 rolling offers and optimal class size of 10. The committee is meeting today and they said we should expect to hear back sometime next week.

2 hours ago, _epigeneticsstudent said:

dumb question: what is the likelihood of all of the offers being sent out for these three home programs? :x

1 hour ago, wetrat said:

dumb question: what is the likelihood of all of the offers being sent out for these three home programs? :x

From my understanding, my program sends out invites for the exact number of spots pretty soon following the interviews. I'm guessing they are all out for CSB. They said they'd give students 5 to 7 days to accept or decline tho. Then they will roll out the next acceptances if people decline.Once all the spots are accepted I think they send the rest of us rejections. Or at least that's kind of what we were told

42 minutes ago, MediaMonkey said:

From my understanding, my program sends out invites for the exact number of spots pretty soon following the interviews. I'm guessing they are all out for CSB. They said they'd give students 5 to 7 days to accept or decline tho. Then they will roll out the next acceptances if people decline.Once all the spots are accepted I think they send the rest of us rejections. Or at least that's kind of what we were told

Ah, Im M&I but it could be the same thing. 
Just waiting to see if I am on a waitlist or not but I haven't heard back yet especially with that one acceptance floating around. 

I received notification last night that I was rejected from UC - Berkeley. This, along with Stanford, which also rejected me, were my top choices. I'm OK with this. It's not my preferred outcome, but I'm OK because I have some great programs of which I have been admitted to, to choose from. At minimum, that's all I really hoped for. It looks like Princeton is the last holdout from all the institutions of which I have applied. I haven't heard anything back from them. Expecting that rejection letter any day now. Congrats to all those with admits!