Environmental Management and Policy 2022

youngturtle

• 2 weeks later...

Haha! Finally someone created a post for Environmental Management and Policy for this year! I am kinda hoping we will hear from some programs in January, but maybe it's because I am applying to PhD. BTW, which programs are you applying? I feel like there are only a few programs that fit into this category. Wish us luck!

Edited by MysteriousCong

Finally 2022 thread! Thanks @youngturtle I'm an international applicant seeking for master's degree. Submitted applications to the following programs: YSE, NSOE, GaTech (Master of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Management), UT Austin LBJ School, and IU O'Neill School by 15 Dec 2021. Last week, I completed my English assessment zoom interview with NSOE, which I believe is compulsory for all non-native English speakers. Really wish NSOE would release admission results sooner for those who applied by the priority deadline. How about the rest? Which schools did y'all apply to?

Hey everyone! @ryan.nil @MysteriousCong I'm applying to Yale's YSE MEM, UCSB's MESM program at the Bren School, University of Miami's Environment, Culture, & Media (ECM) Program!

@MysteriousCong Wow January is so close! I'm applying for a masters so I hear back in March. What programs are you applying to!

@ryan.nil Looks like we both applied to YSE! My focus is in environmental communications, how about you?

@youngturtle I applied to PhD in Stanford's E-IPER, Yale's Environment, UC Berkeley, UMich's SEAS, Duke's Environmental Policy, UCSB's Bren, ASU's Sustainable Energy program, and University of Delaware's Energy and Environmental Policy.

I have no idea how the results are going to turn out to be as this is my first time applying for PhD, but I just can't wait any longer!! Absolutely hate this part!

12 hours ago, youngturtle said:

Hey everyone! @ryan.nil @MysteriousCong I'm applying to Yale's YSE MEM, UCSB's MESM program at the Bren School, University of Miami's Environment, Culture, & Media (ECM) Program!

@MysteriousCong Wow January is so close! I'm applying for a masters so I hear back in March. What programs are you applying to!

@ryan.nil Looks like we both applied to YSE! My focus is in environmental communications, how about you?

For YSE, I plan to concentrate on energy and the environment as I'm currently in the energy sector and pretty much interested in sustainable energy technologies and policies in developing countries. Do you know if YSE will do interviews for its master applicants?

14 hours ago, ryan.nil said:

For YSE, I plan to concentrate on energy and the environment as I'm currently in the energy sector and pretty much interested in sustainable energy technologies and policies in developing countries. Do you know if YSE will do interviews for its master applicants?

Oh that's so cool! And I'm not sure, I haven't gotten any notice about an interview. I was worried about it because I saw on GradCafe that previous applicants did have an interview and they completed the interview process in December, so I thought I might have done something wrong.

If you haven't heard anything either then I think we're good! YSE either got rid of the interview component or we'll get it later on.

19 hours ago, Mister P said:

Hi @MysteriousCong@youngturtleand @ryan.nil

Great finally this thread has started.

I am an International applicants I applied for PhD at Stanford E-IPER, Harvard OEB, Columbia E3B and UC Irvine ESS

Wishing y'all good luck.

Best of luck!! Those are all solid programs:)

Edited by youngturtle
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I am a bit late to join, but am also anxiously waiting to hear from schools. I have a double undergrad degree from a US state school and just finished a masters in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management at Oxford. I applied to 5 PhD programs and all were a bit of reach so my hopes are low, but I am stressed none the less.

The 5 I have applied to, but have not heard from are

EEB at Princeton

OEB at Harvard

Biology at Stanford

The School for the Environment at Yale

and ESPM at UC Berkeley

Not sure if anyone has heard anything from these schools yet, but would love to know if you have! Also saw some discussion of YSE not doing any interviews?

1 hour ago, Rewildr said:

Hey all!

I am a bit late to join, but am also anxiously waiting to hear from schools. I have a double undergrad degree from a US state school and just finished a masters in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management at Oxford. I applied to 5 PhD programs and all were a bit of reach so my hopes are low, but I am stressed none the less.

EEB at Princeton

OEB at Harvard

Biology at Stanford

and ESPM at UC Berkeley

Not sure if anyone has heard anything from these schools yet, but would love to know if you have! Also saw some discussion of YSE not doing any interviews?

Welcome here.

I saw someone posting being invited by the admin for OEB virtual visit days yesterday on Jan 13, 2022. Also waiting to see what happens to me too.

3 hours ago, Rewildr said:

Hey all!

EEB at Princeton

OEB at Harvard

Biology at Stanford

and ESPM at UC Berkeley

I was talking about Masters interviews, not PhD, haven't gotten an interview but I also have no idea if I was meant to or not:) Best of luck to you!

Edited by youngturtle

Hey,

I am from India and have applied to YSE, NSOE at Duke, SEAS at UMich, and EPP at CMU.

I have a fully funded offer from the Ohio State. So that's the baseline now.

My interest area largely covers Energy and Environmental issues.

Anyone from India at this forum?

@ryan.nil Good to hear that you are working in energy sector. I am too.

@Rewildr Hi. Have you heard anything from ESPM at UC Berkeley or Yale? I also applied to these two schools' PhD and nothing so far.

@Mister P Anything from Stanford's E-IPER? I know they are creating a new school for climate and sustainability. Wonder if that means they will admit more students as the school expands.

This waiting it out is absolutely killing me and refreshing gradcafe ten times a day did not help...

Edited by MysteriousCong

@MysteriousCong I haven't heard anything from either of the programs, I haven't seen anyone else post anything from either of the programs, and I am starting to convince myself they aren't even real ?. Hopefully someone will hear something or email them soon.

Hey everyone, I believe ESPM sent out interview invitations early this month.

Don't lose hope--people can still get waitlisted. Besides, they have very limited slots, so even if you have a very strong application, it will not always go your way. Besides, admissions are quite unpredictable. 

On 1/15/2022 at 6:41 AM, Mister P said:

Welcome here.

I saw someone posting being invited by the admin for OEB virtual visit days yesterday on Jan 13, 2022. Also waiting to see what happens to me too.

I haven't heard from Harvard OEB too but I am not expecting too much given that the PI said already that admissions had been very competitive since the pandemic started. I think they will just release rejection letters on a rolling basis. 

1 hour ago, chongmkt said:

I haven't heard from Harvard OEB too but I am not expecting too much given that the PI said already that admissions had been very competitive since the pandemic started. I think they will just release rejection letters on a rolling basis. 

Well, let's see I emailed them on Friday asking ! Virtual visit days and interviews to start on 31st Jan

@chongmkt Hi. Thank you for the pep talk! I saw you posted on the other thread that you were rejected from UMich? Would you mind sharing more details? Is it the one with SEAS? I saw people posted their rejections on the result page but I have not heard anything and kinda hoping it is a good thing that I still haven't been rejected.