Environmental Management and Policy 2022

youngturtle

9 minutes ago, Rewildr said:

@MysteriousCong I have driven myself crazy looking for any proof Yale has sent anything to anyone. I applied for the YSE, and at this point I'm convinced I only hallucinated the program existing lol. 

I got an Admissions Newsletter email from YSE on Feb 3! They just said general stuff, like how decisions are expected to be released mid-March.

I see that I’m not the only anxious one. Have applied to Nicholas, UCSB and YSE for MEM. I saw a forum from 2017 where they discussed that people were getting it early between 7th to 15th February in spite of FAQ mentioning mid march. Hoping we get it early too.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, Rewildr said:

@MysteriousCong I have driven myself crazy looking for any proof Yale has sent anything to anyone. I applied for the YSE, and at this point I'm convinced I only hallucinated the program existing lol. 

@Rewildr I received an invitation for the YSE PhD Program Open House/ Finality Week on Friday, Feb 4th. The Open House started last night with 22 finalists. They said they had nearly 300 applications this year for doctoral program

1 minute ago, sam0495 said:

@Rewildr I received an invitation for the YSE PhD Program Open House/ Finality Week on Friday, Feb 4th. The Open House started last night with 22 finalists. They said they had nearly 300 applications this year for doctoral program

**Open House/Finalist Week

Hi everyone! Applying for a Masters and the anticipation is killing me. I made a list of the anticipated notification dates for the schools I'm still waiting on, with info from this forum and the school websites: 

YSE - March 15th

Michigan SEAS - Early March

Columbia Climate School - Late March

UW Evans - Mid to late Feb

Georgetown - Mid-March

Sciences PO - Rolling, 3-8 weeks from submission

Does anyone have any edits to this list, or heard back from these programs? I've already been accepted to American and NYU, but I'm pretty anxiously awaiting some of the other schools above. Thanks!

1 hour ago, lemonscone said:

Hi everyone! Applying for a Masters and the anticipation is killing me. I made a list of the anticipated notification dates for the schools I'm still waiting on, with info from this forum and the school websites: 

YSE - March 15th

Michigan SEAS - Early March

Columbia Climate School - Late March

UW Evans - Mid to late Feb

Georgetown - Mid-March

Sciences PO - Rolling, 3-8 weeks from submission

Does anyone have any edits to this list, or heard back from these programs? I've already been accepted to American and NYU, but I'm pretty anxiously awaiting some of the other schools above. Thanks!

Haven't heard back, but thanks for the list! I'm hopeful that YSE will come out a bit earlier than March 15th, their website says "on or around March 15th", and it's come out before the 15th in previous years!  

Edited by youngturtle

6 hours ago, P.J. said:

Hopefully we will get some results this week. ( Duke, UMich, UCSB ) 

Really hope so ? I emailed Duke to update my CV last week. Surprisingly, the adcom accepted my update, making me think that the review has yet to conclude as of last week. Am I reading this too much or what? 

8 minutes ago, ryan.nil said:

Really hope so ? I emailed Duke to update my CV last week. Surprisingly, the adcom accepted my update, making me think that the review has yet to conclude as of last week. Am I reading this too much or what? 

Wow, nice that you got to make that change! I emailed UCSB in early Feb to update something and they said no changes could be made because they're well into the process. 

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. Applying to similar schools: Michigan, Duke, Yale, UCSB, and Georgetown. Found this thread about SEAS that I found interesting (and slightly concerning). https://www.reddit.com/r/uofm/comments/r9jjm8/seas_degree_and_experience/hnelk1k/?context=3

Hoping we hear back from schools soon. I'm estimating the earliest response to be late next week (beginning of March). 

6 hours ago, oceannate said:

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. Applying to similar schools: Michigan, Duke, Yale, UCSB, and Georgetown. Found this thread about SEAS that I found interesting (and slightly concerning). https://www.reddit.com/r/uofm/comments/r9jjm8/seas_degree_and_experience/hnelk1k/?context=3

Hoping we hear back from schools soon. I'm estimating the earliest response to be late next week (beginning of March). 

Not to invalidate this person's bad experience at SEAS, but from the first half of their post it sounds like they didn't do their homework on the school before matriculating. It is very true that SEAS is in a period of growth (and is very open about it), which has pros and cons and is something each of you should take into consideration when weighing your options. Being upset at a lack of classes in a specific field is also something that you can anticipate, because course offerings are posted online. Personally, I found my SEAS advisor and professors there in general to be incredibly accessible. And from speaking with them and current students, I would definitely say I was encouraged to work (like a TA position) and that many students do that. They are apparently very competitive positions though.

Just wanted to offer my 2 cents to contrast with that reddit thread. I think all of the people in this forum probably have a better idea of the schools they've applied to than the poster there. I personally decided against SEAS for a number of reasons, but those discussed in the first half of that post were not at all what I experienced as a prospective/admitted student.

I'm sure many of you are doing this, but it is really valuable to speak with multiple current students, not just those that the admissions offices make available, but ones who you find on LinkedIn/through your network etc who have similar interests to you, in order to get a more holistic and unfiltered view of these schools.

hey @prokem given that you're a current student, do you know how many people usually are admitted to YSE off the waitlist? curious bc it just hit me that the YSE class size encompasses all masters programs and not just the MEM, my chances of being 1 in 130 actually reduces down to like 1 of 70 lol 

20 minutes ago, youngturtle said:

hey @prokem given that you're a current student, do you know how many people usually are admitted to YSE off the waitlist? curious bc it just hit me that the YSE class size encompasses all masters programs and not just the MEM, my chances of being 1 in 130 actually reduces down to like 1 of 70 lol 

For class of 2022, a ton of people were admitted off the waitlist, I think because the school was really worried about covid related uncertainty. For class of 2023, I heard that all admitted students accepted, so no one was admitted off the waitlist. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that year's waitlist stats though

Edited by prokem

1 hour ago, prokem said:

For class of 2022, a ton of people were admitted off the waitlist, I think because the school was really worried about covid related uncertainty. For class of 2023, I heard that all admitted students accepted, so no one was admitted off the waitlist. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that year's waitlist stats though

Yikes! Thanks

Congrats guys ! :)

Which track did you select for SEAS?  I didnt get a email; wanted to see if they are sending separate emails according to different tracks. 

Edited by P.J.