Environmental Management and Policy 2022

youngturtle

7 hours ago, Pru_ said:

Is anyone else dying with anxiety about YSE results, I keep counting hours 

yup, anticipation is killin me, what time do you think it'll come out? I'm expecting it to come out in the afternoon, just cause the other school results also came around 5/6 EST but hopefully I'm wrong and it's earlier

Edited by youngturtle

4 minutes ago, youngturtle said:

yup, anticipation is killin me, what time do you think it'll come out? I'm expecting it to come out in the afternoon, just cause the other school results also came around 5/6 EST but hopefully I'm wrong and it's earlier

Yeah I hope it comes earlier too but it is so close now, and we have waited for soo long, the near we get the more scared I am even to open the result.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:21 PM, GoldRush said:

Thanks, @tiaki! What's class size like this year compared to your batch? and what percentage of applicants got fin-aid in your batch?

I don’t know how many people were admitted this year but 1) from what I’ve heard, the average pre-pandemic class size was between 160-180. Idk how many initial acceptances that would correlate to, and 2) I personally don’t think the school could handle having 2 huge classes at the same time.

It seems most people got at least some FA, a lot of people have assistantships ($3k/yr job, converts to pure scholarship 2nd yr). The big Nicholas Scholars scholarship selects 15 people per cohort and covers about 70% of tuition; that’s the only one I know for sure! 

Unfortunately, as professional programs none of the 4 big MEM programs have across the board phenomenal financial aid but I’ve definitely heard many people (including myself) say aid was a major part of choosing NSOE. Durham also had the cheapest cost of living of my options, and Duke tuition was somehow slightly cheaper too (not that it’s affordable).

1 hour ago, tiaki said:

I don’t know how many people were admitted this year but 1) from what I’ve heard, the average pre-pandemic class size was between 160-180. Idk how many initial acceptances that would correlate to, and 2) I personally don’t think the school could handle having 2 huge classes at the same time.

It seems most people got at least some FA, a lot of people have assistantships ($3k/yr job, converts to pure scholarship 2nd yr). The big Nicholas Scholars scholarship selects 15 people per cohort and covers about 70% of tuition; that’s the only one I know for sure! 

Unfortunately, as professional programs none of the 4 big MEM programs have across the board phenomenal financial aid but I’ve definitely heard many people (including myself) say aid was a major part of choosing NSOE. Durham also had the cheapest cost of living of my options, and Duke tuition was somehow slightly cheaper too (not that it’s affordable).

I understand applications were in the 700-800 range.

21 hours ago, lemonscone said:

Hey everyone! I have a meeting in 20 minutes with a colleague who graduated from SEAS - let me know if you want me to ask any specific questions and I can post the answers here! 

How did it go? I would love to hear about SEAS more

btw i called YSE to see if I could get a little more intel on what time decisions come out but they just said by 5

they also said that it's going to be sent in mass email, so that means some people will get the email before others. I guess if you start seeing people post on this thread that they got a result and you haven't received anything, don't stress and give it a bit more time! 

8 minutes ago, youngturtle said:

btw i called YSE to see if I could get a little more intel on what time decisions come out but they just said by 5

they also said that it's going to be sent in mass email, so that means some people will get the email before others. I guess if you start seeing people post on this thread that they got a result and you haven't received anything, don't stress and give it a bit more time! 

Thanks @youngturtle. The email will direct us to the application portal right?

2 hours ago, youngturtle said:

embarrassing that I don't know this, but why does a mass email get delivered at different times to different people? Does it depend on geographic location?

Same got waitlisted! congrats to all of you; Its been nice to have you all along in the decision cycle.

Edited by Pru_