Environmental Management and Policy 2022

youngturtle

5 minutes ago, Newunnewme said:

Hi everyone. I just got into SEAS as well. Waiting on Yale and Duke now. I’m a little nervous because I didn’t have any funding information included. But they said this email was not the official acceptance so idk. @ObsequiousCatapultdid you get any funding info?

The funding info comes by mid march, as per the threads from previous years. 

I applied to sustainable systems

Edit: (For future applicants) it looks like someone got a merit scholarship from the results page. So if there wasn’t a mention of scholarships in the email there might not be any merit aid. From the posts last year work study and loans will be added to the Wolverine account later. I’ll update if I do get any more funding though.

Edited by Newunnewme

Just got accepted to Michigan as well. EPP track

Saw from the email that we may get funding info when the official acceptance from the Rackham school comes in. Fingers crossed.

Edited by JustAnAveragePerson
funding update.

Also accepted to SEAS! The email mentioned an in-person admitted students day - does anyone know if they would pay for travel costs for those outside the region? I know this is common-ish with PhD programs, but not sure about standard practice for Masters.

Just now, lemonscone said:

Also accepted to SEAS! The email mentioned an in-person admitted students day - does anyone know if they would pay for travel costs for those outside the region? I know this is common-ish with PhD programs, but not sure about standard practice for Masters.

In the past they have paid for you to fly out, or at least offered some sort of assistance. 

3 hours ago, Newunnewme said:

I applied to sustainable systems

Edit: (For future applicants) it looks like someone got a merit scholarship from the results page. So if there wasn’t a mention of scholarships in the email there might not be any merit aid. From the posts last year work study and loans will be added to the Wolverine account later. I’ll update if I do get any more funding though.

What results page? I went to my status page and it doesn’t even say I got in yet, which is why I’m a little confused.  Appreciate any insights.

Edited by JustAnAveragePerson

4 minutes ago, JustAnAveragePerson said:

Why results page? I went to my status page and it doesn’t even say I got in yet, which is why I’m a little confused.  Appreciate any insights.

I got a merit scholarship in my email, but if I check the results page it says "No financial aid information found." I think just give it some time and everything will update!

11 minutes ago, Newunnewme said:

The results page on here! I saw someone say they got in with funding. @JustAnAveragePerson

Congrats @lemonscone!

Thanks so much! I was so confused there for a second. I’m just gonna give Michigan time I think.

@lemonsconecongrats!!

7 hours ago, lemonscone said:

Hey Congrats!

I too got in for SusSys track. However, didn't hear anything on funding, which for me is the deciding factor.

How much funding did they offer you?

9 hours ago, harstechp said:

Hey Congrats!

I too got in for SusSys track. However, didn't hear anything on funding, which for me is the deciding factor.

How much funding did they offer you?

Congrats to you as well! I got in for the EPP track, they offered a $15,000 one-time academic scholarship. 

6 hours ago, envisciguy said:

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for a little while now and am wondering if it's likely that Duke will come out this week. In years past, it seems like Duke sent out results around this time or earlier.

Yeah compared to previous years, Duke is unusually slow at releasing results this year. Perhaps they receive unprecedented number of applications? 

Edited by ryan.nil

1 hour ago, youngturtle said:

When does everyone think YSE results will come out? I'm thinking as soon as next week Friday, the 4th. For the past two years it's come out on the first week of March so let's hope the pattern continues! 

They better be! I don’t think my soul can wait another week ?

9 hours ago, envisciguy said:

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for a little while now and am wondering if it's likely that Duke will come out this week. In years past, it seems like Duke sent out results around this time or earlier.

Yeah Duke seems to be late this time, hopefully we will get results by 28th Feb, same with UCSB. Hopefully YSE is on time and we get to hear something by 4th, I too can't wait for more than a week. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:08 AM, JustAnAveragePerson said:

Just got accepted to Michigan as well. EPP track

Saw from the email that we may get funding info when the official acceptance from the Rackham school comes in. Fingers crossed.

Accepted to same track. My email did come in with the funding information..

Hi everyone! 

So far I have heard back from, and been accepted to EMAP at Georgetown, MGA at Rice, Global Policy Studies at UT's LBJ School, MSGA at NYU, and MENV at CU Boulder.

I am still waiting to hear back from SIPA at Colombia, MDP at Berkeley, MAIR at John Hopkins, MIA at UCSD. Really getting anxious to hear back!

Also hope that this doesn't mean anything, but Yale's general trend across all fields (again, from the results page) shows that most accepted students had already heard from their advisor/PI before they noticed their portal status change, while rejected applicants apparently receive a notification through email.

Edited by greenlit20

3 hours ago, greenlit20 said:

Also hope that this doesn't mean anything, but Yale's general trend across all fields (again, from the results page) shows that most accepted students had already heard from their advisor/PI before they noticed their portal status change, while rejected applicants apparently receive a notification through email.

I don't think it means anything for Masters students, at least for an MEM. I can't speak to the other degrees.

PhD candidates definitely hear back from their PI/advisor, but as an MEM applicant I don't have a PI/advisor to notify me, so I'll hear through email or from checking the portal and seeing it by chance. 

34 minutes ago, youngturtle said:

I don't think it means anything for Masters students, at least for an MEM. I can't speak to the other degrees.

PhD candidates definitely hear back from their PI/advisor, but as an MEM applicant I don't have a PI/advisor to notify me, so I'll hear through email or from checking the portal and seeing it by chance. 

I've been checking Duke and Yale portals incessantly, hoping the results would be posted before email notifications are sent out. But it's already Friday, so looks like I have to wait until next Monday :(