Environmental Management and Policy 2022

youngturtle

23 hours ago, youngturtle said:

I got full funding for the 2022-2023 school year with the possibility of renewal for my second year if I remain in good standing and take 12 units!

Hi, I received a fellowship from Bren that covers all normal "academic fees and tuition." It does not cover the "professional degree supplemental tuition (PDST)" though, which is about $3.5k/ quarter. I'm curious did your funding offer cover both normal and professional degree tuition?

6 hours ago, loaf said:

Hi, I received a fellowship from Bren that covers all normal "academic fees and tuition." It does not cover the "professional degree supplemental tuition (PDST)" though, which is about $3.5k/ quarter. I'm curious did your funding offer cover both normal and professional degree tuition?

Hello, in my chart there was coverage for the PDST during the 2022-2023 school year. I am curious if you received funding for both years, excluding PDST, or just for 2022-2023?

On 3/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, loaf said:

my funding included everything! with possibility of renewal for the second year 

Current Duke first year MEM here, was in your shoes this time last year so congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!

Of the programs I was accepted to (NSOE, Bren, SEAS), NSOE awarded by far the most financial aid and this was true for most students I know. The highest scholarship you can get is if you’re selected as a Nicholas Scholar, and that’s about 3/5 of tuition. I got a generic scholarship and then work study + an assistantship, which is like work study but typically more professionally oriented (you apply to ones you want when school starts; mine is directly in the field I want to work in but some are more administrative). A looot of people have some amount of financial aid. Mine totaled is about 40% of tuition.

SEAS gave funding info with the acceptance, same with Bren but only for merit scholarships; they had said need based would come later but this was beyond deadlines for deposits, so.

NSOE had a record number of applications this year and I think accepted fewer people; last year every school at Duke including NSOE had their largest class ever due to more people than expected accepting the admissions offer.

Edited by tiaki
fixed financial aid info

13 hours ago, tiaki said:

Current Duke first year MEM here, was in your shoes this time last year so congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!

Of the programs I was accepted to (NSOE, Bren, SEAS), NSOE awarded by far the most financial aid and this was true for most students I know. The highest scholarship you can get is if you’re selected as a Nicholas Scholar, and that’s about 3/5 of tuition. I got a generic scholarship and then work study + an assistantship, which is like work study but typically more professionally oriented (you apply to ones you want when school starts; mine is directly in the field I want to work in but some are more administrative). A looot of people have some amount of financial aid. Mine totaled is about 40% of tuition.

SEAS gave funding info with the acceptance, same with Bren but only for merit scholarships; they had said need based would come later but this was beyond deadlines for deposits, so.

NSOE had a record number of applications this year and I think accepted fewer people; last year every school at Duke including NSOE had their largest class ever due to more people than expected accepting the admissions offer.

Hey, by when does the school usually send out the fin-aid notifications?

Hi guys, fellow F22 applicant here. Have been following this thread passively for a while now. (THANK YOU FOR EXISTING!) Have been accepted into UM-SEAS and Duke MEM-EE. Waiting for Yale like you guys, but am inclined to go to Duke since I find the program more suitable for energy studies. Any thoughts?

On 3/9/2022 at 1:41 AM, tiaki said:

Thanks for dropping by and giving useful info! I am still waiting on the NSOE financial aid info to be released, but you really get my hopes up :) 

15 hours ago, GoldRush said:

Hey, by when does the school usually send out the fin-aid notifications?

Dates for primary emails from last year: 

Admissions decision 02/23

Scholarship award 03/16

Full financial aid package 03/31

I can’t remember if we received info prior to those dates but that’s when I got the relevant emails.

I’d assume they won’t be waiting the same amount of time this year if admissions was early March (in part because my class is record size), but I have no idea

Edit: and everyone I know in the energy concentration seems happy with it—or at least they’re satisfied they’re gaining useful skills and receiving a solid education. 

Edited by tiaki

6 hours ago, tiaki said:

Dates for primary emails from last year: 

Admissions decision 02/23

Scholarship award 03/16

Full financial aid package 03/31

I can’t remember if we received info prior to those dates but that’s when I got the relevant emails.

I’d assume they won’t be waiting the same amount of time this year if admissions was early March (in part because my class is record size), but I have no idea

Edit: and everyone I know in the energy concentration seems happy with it—or at least they’re satisfied they’re gaining useful skills and receiving a solid education. 

Thanks, @tiaki! What's class size like this year compared to your batch? and what percentage of applicants got fin-aid in your batch?

10 minutes ago, youngturtle said:

Last full day before YSE decision day!! Starting to feel the anxiety again lol

Gonna watch Batman tonight after work to let 3 hours fly by

Feel like taking a day off tmrw ? Btw do you think it’s possible for the results to be out a day earlier? I remember reading in 2020? (or 2019) in which YSE decision was out on the 6th despite email saying the 8th.

1 hour ago, ryan.nil said:

Feel like taking a day off tmrw ? Btw do you think it’s possible for the results to be out a day earlier? I remember reading in 2020? (or 2019) in which YSE decision was out on the 6th despite email saying the 8th.

maybe!! it's what i've been hoping for all week but I feel like realistically it'll probably come out tomorrow tbh

now what time tomorrow is the kicker, I hope it's sooner rather than later