DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023

boogy

@fitto I just found this threat yesterday since I was curious and worried I hadn't heard anything at all. I am in the same situation as you: American, applied for all disciplines, deadline end of October, last I've heard was my acknowledgement of receipt on Dec. 21st. Like you said, I thought I remembered reading the committee was meeting at the beginning of April but now I can't find that anywhere. I hope we hear soon and I'll post if my status changes. 

1 hour ago, skiier1234 said:

@fitto@Skubs i emailed the program director and asked because I’m also getting impatient. End of this week OR early next week we’ll find out. I wish they would pin down a date. It’ll be through the portal as well, not by post

Has your portal changed at all? I heard on last year's forum, that some portals changed to "preselection made" before a decisions was made. Mine just says "Application Submitted" still

58 minutes ago, fitto said:

Has your portal changed at all? I heard on last year's forum, that some portals changed to "preselection made" before a decisions was made. Mine just says "Application Submitted" still

Hi! I'm also waiting to hear on the Master's for All Disciplines, from America. My status still says Application Submitted as well. I don't think anything has changed since December for me.

Hey guys, I was also getting impatient and found this thread last night, and I am also applying from North America.
My status changed to "funding" this morning. (it previously went from Application submitted to Selection made, then went blank yesterday, and "funding" this morning). I haven't gotten any official letters yet though. Any updates from you guys? 

4 hours ago, chuppybun said:

Hey guys, I was also getting impatient and found this thread last night, and I am also applying from North America.
My status changed to "funding" this morning. (it previously went from Application submitted to Selection made, then went blank yesterday, and "funding" this morning). I haven't gotten any official letters yet though. Any updates from you guys? 

Hi :) Did you apply from America?

55 minutes ago, skiier1234 said:

@chuppybun was that under “application status”? Mine still says “application submitted” ? I applied from the US.

Mine also says, "Application Submitted", but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think they make decisions based off of Subject Groups for the All Disciplines Scholarship. 

1 hour ago, chuppybun said:

Hey @fittoand @skiier1234, yes, it is "funding" under the application status, and a "declaration of acceptance" button appeared so I guess it's a positive sign. No updated messages from the portal or through email yet though. I am applying from the US.

Wow! Congratulations!! ? Do you remember when your portal status changed to "selection made"?

Which subject group have you applied from?

Edited by fitto

14 hours ago, chuppybun said:

That's awesome! Congrats!
No news yet on my end, my subject group is Language and Cultural Studies.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:00 PM, fitto said:

Congratulations! 

Would you mind sharing some stats about yourself? Academic/work background, experiences?

2.5 years industry work, 5+ years community work in field, research and teaching work at university, intl awards in field, professional sports, quite a bit of extra curricular activities, advanced programs in Uni and HS.... So quite a bit of an overachiever....

But don't take this at face value. Interview and motivation letter are by far the most important elements of the selection. There were some better candidates then me who didn't get the scholarship, but I did pretty well in the interview and I think that that is what pushed me through.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:37 PM, Bojan123 said:

@KrsmaV

Congrats! Apologies for your friend though.

Did they say whether those 9 people were from Serbia exactly? Or did they mean for the Balkan region?

From what the letter of award said, 9 people from Serbia, not all of the Balkans. To be honest that is such a low number of people to select for ALL master disciplines, I can't even image how hard it is to select only a handful of students.

10 hours ago, chuppybun said:

Hey @fittoand @skiier1234, yes, it is "funding" under the application status, and a "declaration of acceptance" button appeared so I guess it's a positive sign. No updated messages from the portal or through email yet though. I am applying from the US.

Congrats on the scholarship ?! You will probably get the letter soon, but the status change is more or less the definitive answer.

5 hours ago, KrsmaV said:

Congrats on the scholarship ?! You will probably get the letter soon, but the status change is more or less the definitive answer.

Do you think that this means for us whose status hasn't changed yet, that we most likely didn't receive the scholarship?

update!

I emailed the coordinator in America yesterday, and this was the response:

"Thanks for reaching out.

There has been a delay regarding the approving, and announcement of the results this year, but all applicants will be notified next week via the online portal.  

Thanks for your understanding."

39 minutes ago, skiier1234 said:

@fitto I don’t think that assumption can be made, @KrsmaV did not apply from the US. And our program director told me end of this week or start of next for notification 

Actually, I have this question more in regards to Chuppybun receiving the scholarship. I wonder if it means that everyone has been notified already? Or, perhaps they simply haven't updated it yet. I applied from the US as well. 

1 hour ago, fitto said:

Do you think that this means for us whose status hasn't changed yet, that we most likely didn't receive the scholarship?

I absolutely do not think that.

I am not from USA so I can't comment how they do these things at your DAAD section, but here at least, almost all information went out in bursts. More or less everybody learnt about rejections/acceptances withing minutes of each other.

Take from that what you will. Still, I wouldn't take the absence of an answer as a negative.