DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023

boogy

Hello everyone. I applied for the regular DAAD scholarship in the postgraduate category.

My status has been "paper copies received" since November. (I submitted everthing electronically; perhaps the Bonn office print out paper copies?) Yesterday I noticed it was changed to "preselection made". Based on past posts here on gradcafe, I feel this is indeed an early input.

I don't check my application on a daily basis, thus being uncertain when exactly the last change took place.

Hope that helps!

20 minutes ago, carrot468 said:

Hello everyone. I applied for the regular DAAD scholarship in the postgraduate category.

My status has been "paper copies received" since November. (I submitted everthing electronically; perhaps the Bonn office print out paper copies?) Yesterday I noticed it was changed to "preselection made". Based on past posts here on gradcafe, I feel this is indeed an early input.

I don't check my application on a daily basis, thus being uncertain when exactly the last change took place.

Hope that helps!

Hello, thank you for sharing your update. Had you applied for all disciplines programs or postgraduate studies in the field of architecture? 

7 minutes ago, sarah96 said:

Hello, thank you for sharing your update. Had you applied for all disciplines programs or postgraduate studies in the field of architecture? 

No, my discipline is music, and the postgraduate program I applied for is called 3rd-cycle.

But I bet we are on the same boat for the interview part. It should mostly rely on the portfolio (in my case, performance videos.)

1 minute ago, carrot468 said:

No, my discipline is music, and the postgraduate program I applied for is called 3rd-cycle.

But I bet we are on the same boat for the interview part. It should mostly rely on the portfolio (in my case, performance videos.)

mine is still paper copies received? and I check it on a daily basis?. I just wish that they would tell the results sooner so that this frustrating wait would be over. yes the architecture program had asked for portfolios as well. I wish you lots of luck.

9 minutes ago, sarah96 said:

mine is still paper copies received? and I check it on a daily basis?. I just wish that they would tell the results sooner so that this frustrating wait would be over. yes the architecture program had asked for portfolios as well. I wish you lots of luck.

Likewise, best of luck to you!

BTW, what was the application deadline in your category?

Edited by carrot468

On 2/1/2022 at 4:02 PM, sarah96 said:

Hello @sarah96I have applied for the same program! Where are you from? 
Any idea, how many applicants get awarded? or what's the acceptance rate of this program? I am starting to get a little worried here as well! but I do believe they probably will release the results around mid to late February. ?

Let's hope for the best!

Edited by Umer Raheem

11 hours ago, Umer Raheem said:

Hello @sarah96I have applied for the same program! Where are you from? 
Any idea, how many applicants get awarded? or what's the acceptance rate of this program? I am starting to get a little worried here as well! but I do believe they probably will release the results around mid to late February. ?

Let's hope for the best!

Hello. I'm from Iran and you?
No, unfortunately I have no information in regards to that. I have tried so much to find the number of applicants and awardees from previous year but I was unsuccessful. the only way to know is through asking previous years applicants since in their results letter number of awardees and applicants have been mentioned. the only thing that I am quite sure about is that the number of applicants are high thus the competition becomes more difficult?. and I read somewhere that each year every country would have a limited number of possible awardees. this number changes annually based on different factors. for example if for one reason Iran could have 10 awardees last year, this could change to 5 this year. but honestly I am not sure about it. but please if you could find any information share them here as well. I wish you lots of luck!

On 2/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, sarah96 said:

Hello. I'm from Iran and you?
No, unfortunately I have no information in regards to that. I have tried so much to find the number of applicants and awardees from previous year but I was unsuccessful. the only way to know is through asking previous years applicants since in their results letter number of awardees and applicants have been mentioned. the only thing that I am quite sure about is that the number of applicants are high thus the competition becomes more difficult?. and I read somewhere that each year every country would have a limited number of possible awardees. this number changes annually based on different factors. for example if for one reason Iran could have 10 awardees last year, this could change to 5 this year. but honestly I am not sure about it. but please if you could find any information share them here as well. I wish you lots of luck!

I am applying from Pakistan :) 
As far as I have heard, the rate of acceptance is about 10%. I do not really have a specific number though. It's correct that each country has got its own assessment calibre. I mean the selection criteria is surely the same, but the selection meeting is subdivided based on regions to somehow ensure fairly handpicked outcome. At least that's what I have got to know so far.
My application status is still paper copies received though. We probably won't witness any change before mid to late February. 

Good luck to all of us :)

Hi guys,
just want to share that my status changed to "Preselection made". The process is slowly going:)

Also, it's important to remember that our lives are much more than any scholarship. Winning or not winning, it does not define us as persons and professionals. I'm trying to keep it in mind every time I check the status, because last year I was completely devastated after receiving a rejection letter, and I don't want to feel the same again. Even if they reject me this year too. 

1 hour ago, Daria_Ts said:

Hi guys,
just want to share that my status changed to "Preselection made". The process is slowly going:)

Also, it's important to remember that our lives are much more than any scholarship. Winning or not winning, it does not define us as persons and professionals. I'm trying to keep it in mind every time I check the status, because last year I was completely devastated after receiving a rejection letter, and I don't want to feel the same again. Even if they reject me this year too. 

Hi Daria, that is good news?, I am happy for you.

Mine is still paper copies received though ? yes you are right we shouldn't be stressed out about this scholarship but honestly it's a really hard task especially for me?. I hope that this year will be different for you.  

12 minutes ago, sarah96 said:

Hi Daria, that is good news?, I am happy for you.

Mine is still paper copies received though ? yes you are right we shouldn't be stressed out about this scholarship but honestly it's a really hard task especially for me?. I hope that this year will be different for you.  

Oh, I totally understand! It is a hard task indeed. I hope it will go well with your application! ? As I believe "Preselection made" only means that they have all necessary documents to proceed, so it is only a question of time for you to get there too.

I feel like it would be better to have a Plan B. So I planned a special vacation at the end of April, just in case I will need a place to moan and cry after rejection without my job disturbing it ?

3 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

Oh, I totally understand! It is a hard task indeed. I hope it will go well with your application! ? As I believe "Preselection made" only means that they have all necessary documents to proceed, so it is only a question of time for you to get there too.

I feel like it would be better to have a Plan B. So I planned a special vacation at the end of April, just in case I will need a place to moan and cry after rejection without my job disturbing it ?

That is a good plan B ? I have a similar plan to take a few days off and do nothing and just mourn properly for the loss of scholarship?

Hello everyone,

I have applied for All Disciplines (deadline was the end of October), but still haven't got any results yet. Application status - Application Submitted

DAAD Georgia Office answered as follows - "We do not have information yet... We expect it during the February. This year the interviews will take place in March."

Edited by cubix
needed to add new info

Hey guys!

I messaged/called both responsables for the design/film/visual arts masters scholarships in Brazil and Germany, and they said our applications are being evaluated this present week in Germany, and the results will be available soon, later by the end of March. 

The wait won't be that long this year ?

Good luck for us! ?

2 hours ago, pdrviana said:

Hey guys!

I messaged/called both responsables for the design/film/visual arts masters scholarships in Brazil and Germany, and they said our applications are being evaluated this present week in Germany, and the results will be available soon, later by the end of March. 

The wait won't be that long this year ?

Good luck for us! ?

Hello guys,

I'am from Macedonia. I have applied for master scholarships design/film/visual arts. My application status is paper copies received very long time :(