DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023

boogy

Hi, thank u for creating this topic. I have applied for DAAD's architecture postgraduate programs. I was wondering if there will be interviews for this specific program or not, since from what I read on previous topics related to last year, certain programs such as architecture, music or film just asked applicants to upload their portfolio and there was no talk about interviews. 

Ah s*** here we go again......

Well, I just sent my updated portfolio yesterday, got confirmation that all documents are in order too. Hopefully this time results will be released sooner than last year ?

On 12/30/2021 at 10:52 AM, sarah96 said:

Hi, thank u for creating this topic. I have applied for DAAD's architecture postgraduate programs. I was wondering if there will be interviews for this specific program or not, since from what I read on previous topics related to last year, certain programs such as architecture, music or film just asked applicants to upload their portfolio and there was no talk about interviews. 

I'm not applying for Architecture but I'm applying for Fine Arts/Design which doesn't have interviews either. Maybe this specific group of programs don't have them? ;|a

18 hours ago, nichtsehrgut said:

Ah s*** here we go again......

Well, I just sent my updated portfolio yesterday, got confirmation that all documents are in order too. Hopefully this time results will be released sooner than last year ?

I'm not applying for Architecture but I'm applying for Fine Arts/Design which doesn't have interviews either. Maybe this specific group of programs don't have them? ;|a

Well I called the local DAAD in my country and they told me that architecture scholarship doesn't require interviews and they will instead review our portfolios. I think that this also applies to programs such as Fine Arts/Design just as you mentioned it yourself. but ironically I wish that these programs also had interviews so that if we didn't get invited for them, we would know that we haven't been selected in advance. the waiting time is really painful ?.

Edited by sarah96
grammar

34 minutes ago, Zubair 11 said:

Hello everyone.

Has anybody's Status changed recently. Especially those who have applied to all discipline.

Hello, mine still is "paper copies received" and it has been like this for the past 5 months. I still have no idea what this paper copies thing means?

2 hours ago, Zubair 11 said:

Hello everyone.

Has anybody's Status changed recently. Especially those who have applied to all discipline.

Hi. No changes yet. The same status - "Application  submitted" . I suppose that invitations should be sent this month 

3 hours ago, sarah96 said:

Hello, mine still is "paper copies received" and it has been like this for the past 5 months. I still have no idea what this paper copies thing means?

Mine changed last week.

It means that you have passed the initial review of documents completion.

Let's be hopeful ☺️

19 hours ago, ijmrlv said:

I applied in October and my status has changed to preselection made but I haven't got any messages yet

I guess you v applied for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programm

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have applied for DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023, and I am going to share my status, hope you do the same so we now what is going on with the process.

Deadline: 31/August/2021

Current Status: Application Submitted ( Never changed after I have applied)

Last Update: 23/November/2021, received a pdf file Acknowledgement of receipt, but even after I got this file my status has not changed! 

Edit 1: Content of the Acknowledgement of receipt:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January/February 2022 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as soon as possible after the meeting in writing. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

Edited by Not_Me

19 hours ago, Not_Me said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have applied for DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023, and I am going to share my status, hope you do the same so we now what is going on with the process.

Deadline: 31/August/2021

Current Status: Application Submitted ( Never changed after I have applied)

Last Update: 23/November/2021, received a pdf file Acknowledgement of receipt, but even after I got this file my status has not changed! 

Edit 1: Content of the Acknowledgement of receipt:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January/February 2022 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as soon as possible after the meeting in writing. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

Hi. 
I also applied for the same program. Deadline - the end of October. I have not received acknowledgement of receipt .  They sent me confirmation of arrival of reference letter on November 24My status - application submitted 

2 hours ago, Zubair 11 said:

Any new update guys???

Does anybody have any idea which countries applicants are reviewed???

I heard that some applicants (for Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023)  got emails from DAAD asking them to provide German certificates, but I got nothing.

This year's January seems to be quite silent  compared to previous year when many were receiving updates . I still have not heard anyone with updates .  Maybe this is due to measures to covid . 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Not_Me said:

I heard that some applicants (for Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023)  got emails from DAAD asking them to provide German certificates, but I got nothing.

It is likely that their language of instruction is German , or some courses are in German language and others in English 

5 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

Hi guys!
I've applied for Visual Arts/Design and (of course) already send my portfolio. Now my status is "paper copies received". I guess there will be no news before April or May:) This is my second try with DAAD and I hope this year it will go well ?

When have you applied (when was the deadline)?

13 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

Hi guys!
I've applied for Visual Arts/Design and (of course) already send my portfolio. Now my status is "paper copies received". I guess there will be no news before April or May:) This is my second try with DAAD and I hope this year it will go well ?

Hello Daria

I wish you lots of luck with your application. I have a question. Did DAAD tell you how many people had applied and how many actually won in your scholarship category, last year? 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:17 AM, Not_Me said:

When have you applied (when was the deadline)?

I believe the deadline was 1 December. I applied 28 November. 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, sarah96 said:

Hello Daria

I wish you lots of luck with your application. I have a question. Did DAAD tell you how many people had applied and how many actually won in your scholarship category, last year? 

Hello, thanks!
Yeah, in my rejection letter was some information. They told they had only 50 scholarships to be given, and the number of applicants was round 600. I suppose those numbers were only for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication. 

5 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

I believe the deadline was 1 December. I applied 28 November. 

Hello, thanks!
Yeah, in my rejection letter was some information. They told they had only 50 scholarships to be given, and the number of applicants was round 600. I suppose those numbers were only for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication. 

Hello Daria, Thank you for your response.
Yes I know that number of applicants that you mentioned were only for your category of application. it means that the success rate was something around 8 percent, which is insanely low! I hope that they will increase the number of awards for all categories this year?